Join WES to:
- Be part of the largest network of women engineers in the UK, meet like-minded people at our events or through your regional cluster
- Support WES and its campaign for gender diversity in engineering, IT and allied sciences
- Hear about outreach opportunities to inspire the next generation of young people and students
- Access to Members’ area of the website providing support, anecdotes and advice from Members and carefully chosen Partners.
- Apply to join our database of women engineers available to speak about their engineering work through our initiative to increase the number of women speakers at trade conferences and events.
- Ability to join MentorSET (for an additional fee) receiving career help and guidance through our successful mentoring service
- Hear the latest news from WES about women in engineering from in our quarterly journal and monthly e.newsletter
- Gain valuable experience on boards – we have three types to suit all career stages
- Apply to have your profile included on the 'She's an Engineer' feature
- Build practical skills by getting involved in our activities (become a cluster co-ordinator, contribute articles for the journal, write blogs, organise events and join a judging panel for one of our awards)
- Discounted rates and free tickets to relevant conferences and events, when available
- Free legal consultation about a work place issue with one of our Partners
- Full Members are eligible for the post-nominals MWES and Fellows are eligible for the post-nominals FWES.
- Student Members are able to be Officers of their WES Affiliated Student Group
Becoming a WES member is easy - just sign up online for the level of membership that suits you, and enjoy the benefits that being a member offers.
Not an engineer, but still want to support WES? Our Associate membership is the perfect way for male engineers, and men and women who are not engineers, technologist or scientists to support the aims of the Society. We are proud of the diversity of our membership and welcome individuals from all backgrounds and areas of expertise. No one is excluded or disadvantaged by not having the "right" qualifications or background.
Find out which level of WES membership suits you here.
WES Awards rewarding Members who have gone above and beyond
The Isabel Hardwich Medal is presented to WES members who have made an outstanding contribution above the call of duty to the Society over a sustained period.
The Gillian Skinner Award recognises "behind the scenes" contributions to WES by volunteers.