Join us in celebrating 100 years of WES and women in engineering throughout 2019
TRANSFORM THE FUTURE
- Campaigning to influence and challenge current practice
- Lead transformation, supporting women as technical leaders
- Encouraging men to be active in inclusion and gender diversity
CELEBRATE THE PRESENT
- Connecting and celebrating women engineers and supporters through awards, events and the media
REMEMBER THE PAST
- Our National Lottery Heritage Funded ‘WES Centenary Trail’ celebrates people and places that have played a key part of WES’ history over the past 100 years. Through a series of Wikithons and public events, we will create an online map using new and improved Wikipedia pages to showcase one hundred years of women engineers, and ensure their stories are told on the 5th most visited website in the world. This will be supported by a series of public events and a Centenary themed WES Lottie Doll Tour. Follow @WESCentenary on Twitter and @wes_centenary on Instagram for daily snippets from WES's hundred years of history and notification of events and Wikithons.
WES asks supporters to join us by supporting national, regional and local events to celebrate amazing women and the amazing technology they have brought into people's lives.
To find out more
Follow @WESCentenary on Twitter and @wes_centenary on Instagram or "Like" the Facebook WES Centenary page @WES2019 for all comments and ideas and discussion open to all and keep an eye out for updates in the monthly WES e-Newsletter.
If you are not a WES member but want to run a WES Centenary event or support an event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To donate to the WES Centenary please follow the link below to the WES donations and payments page. Prior to your payment being finalised you will have the opportunity to specify the reason for payment. Please select 'centenary donation only'