Join us in celebrating 100 years of WES and women in engineering throughout 2019
TRANSFORM THE FUTURE
- Campaigning to influence and challenge current practice
- Lead transformation, supporting women as technical leaders
- Encouraging men to be active in inclusion and gender diversity
CELEBRATE THE PRESENT
- Connecting and celebrating women engineers and supporters through awards, events and the media
REMEMBER THE PAST
- Developing the stories of the technology and lives of early women engineers through a Heritage Lottery Funded project on technology trail supported with local events
WES100 Scottish National Essay Competition 2019
WES invites young people under the age of 18 living in Scotland to submit an essay called 'A Woman in Engineering'. The competition is being organised by the WES Scottish Circle. Both boys and girls, and primary and secondary children are welcome to take part. Find out more.
WES asks supporters to join us by supporting national, regional and local events to celebrate amazing women and the amazing technology they have brought into people's lives.
To find out more
"Like" the Facebook WES Centenary page @WES2019 for all comments and ideas and discussion open to all and keep an eye out for updates in the monthly WES e-Newsletter. You can also join a WES members-only Facebook discussion group.
If you are not a WES member but want to run a WES Centenary event or support an event, please contact email@example.com.
To donate to the WES Centenary please follow the link below to the WES donations and payments page. Prior to your payment being finalised you will have the opportunity to specify the reason for payment. Please select 'centenary donation only'
WES in the early days
Find out more about the history of the Society and its members <click here>