The WES Student Conference takes place every year in November and is a two-day residential conference aimed primarily at female engineering and allied undergraduates aged 18 and over. This event bringing together students, academics and early-mid career engineers and colleagues from supporting industry to explore pathways to technical leadership.
This year's conference event will take place on Friday 8 - Saturday 9 November 2019 at Warwick University with the theme 'Transform the Future.'
Feedback from last year's conference was extremely positive:
- In 2018 100% of the students who completed the survey enjoyed speaking with sponsors and wanted to have further contact post-conference
- 86% of last year’s students said that they were more inspired by the range of career options than before attending.
The conference programme offers students a variety of talks, panel sessions and workshops focusing on technical skills, inspiration and career development skills. Additionally, there will be a targeted exhibition, a plethora of networking opportunities and a banquet dinner.
The full agenda for this year's conference will be available soon.
To reserve your place or if you have any further questions please contact our Events Manager, Joanne Weaver at firstname.lastname@example.org.
N.B Last year the conference was in high demand so we would recommend you reserve your place as soon as possible.
Standard rate per person £299
Block booking rate (10 places or more) per person £269
WES Education Partners rate per person £255
- Overnight bed & breakfast accommodation in a twin room or single room (Please note, we have limited availability with single rooms. They must be requested as early as possible and cannot be guaranteed.)
- Lunch, drinks reception and banquet dinner on Friday
- Lunch on Saturday.
Information for students:
- Please contact your tutor or school/faculty office to enquire about support to attend the conference before expressing interest. (They may already have purchased places on your behalf.)
- You can also encourage your tutors to purchase for you - they may have a budget for conference attendance but not be aware of this professional development opportunity.
- We also have bursaries available to cover costs for the conference (please see below for more information.)
- Individuals please contact Joanne Weaver, Events Manager to reserve your place.
Universities and Employers:
- Please reserve and purchase student places by contacting Joanne Weaver
- Please ensure block-booking and education membership discounts are applied to your order.
- Payment process: You can pay for delegate places directly through this website by credit/debit card, bank transfer. (Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure you select the WES student conference option.) Alternatively, contact Roz Hamilton to request an invoice (Please include your Purchase Order number if required.)
- Payment must be made in full to WES by 1 November 2019.
- Student names can be provided at a later date.
Bursary Places for individual students:
WES offers bursary-funded places to undergraduate students to attend the WES Student Conference 2019 with support from its sponsors.
The bursary covers full conference fees and overnight bed & breakfast accommodation (if necessary) on Friday 8 November. It also provides a contribution of up to £50 towards travel (any additional costs will need to be met by the delegate). Women undergraduate students on mechanical engineering, manufacturing, design, chemical, computing, materials, electronic engineering or similar courses are eligible.
To apply for a bursary please complete the online application form
Successful candidates will be notified individually by Monday 14 October.
Please note - A limit to the number of bursary places offered to any one University will apply, and priority is given to applicants who have not previous been awarded a bursary.
Students not in receipt of a bursary wishing to attend are encouraged to approach their department, or can book directly by emailing email@example.com
Sponsorship is available for the 2019 conference, to see the options available please download the Sponsorship Packages document. If you would prefer to have a conversation about sponsorship in the first instance, please contact Partners@wes.org.uk.