The WES Annual Conference is always a key event in the society's calendar. This year, in the light of continuing restrictions, we have moved it entirely to an online platform with sessions taking place over two days, on Tuesday 20 and Wednesday 21 April.
The conference brings together engineers and others from allied professions from all disciplines at every stage of their career, from early career professionals to those with several decades’ experience. With leading industry speakers, the conference will not only reflect and explore how engineers serve society but also look to the digital future.
Alongside this will be sessions on professional development, career planning, wellbeing and profiles of different engineering disciplines, along with informal online opportunities to meet others and discuss topics of interest online outside of the main conference.
Our overarching conference theme this year is ‘Serving Society’. This extraordinary year has highlighted how engineers have not just created ground-breaking solutions and innovations in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, but how they also deliver and maintain critical services and infrastructure in all aspects of society, every day of our lives.
We are delighted to announce a programme profiling engineering leaders including keynote speakers:
- Professor Catherine Noakes OBE, Professor of Environmental Engineering for Buildings, University of Leeds, and a member of the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE)
- Dr Hayaatun Sillem CBE, Chief Executive of the Royal Academy of Engineering.
Our other expert speakers, drawn from a variety of disciplines and professional interests, will include:
- Simon Blake OBE, Chief Executive, Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England
- Kamini Edgley, Director of Engineering & Asset Management, Network Rail
- Mivy James, Digital Transformation Director and Head of Consulting, BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
- Elena Liquete, Head of Professional Development & Undergraduate Experience, The Dyson Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Dr Helen Meese, Founder & CEO, The Care Machine Ltd
- Rachel Stanford, Senior Reliability Engineer, Amazon
Attendance at this conference can potentially contribute to your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) as an engineer. For more guidance on this visit the Engineering Council webpages.
Annual Conference Poster Competition:
Are you an early career, apprentice or student engineer? Tell us about your new research, projects, or activities on the theme of this year’s conference – ‘Serving Society’ – in our Poster Competition. Winners will get the chance to present their poster online at the end of this year's Annual Conference. Deadline for submissions is 12.00 on Monday 22 March.
For the full programme and to book your place go to our conference webpage.
The WES Virtual Annual Conference 2021 is sponsored by:
Conference Media Partner: