Not a member of WES yet? Join WES and support our work to encourage more gender diversity in engineering. Join WES online here
Are you interested Corporate Partnership, Education Partnership or Not-for-Profit Partnership? More information
There are four grades of individual membership (plus concessionary rates for members with low or no income and retired members). All members have the same rights and privileges, with the single exception that only a full member is eligible to stand as president.
Women, including those who identify themselves as women and/or are discriminated against as women, working in the fields of engineering, technology (including IT) or science, or those with a background in these areas are eligible to be full members.
Subscription: £52 per annum (concession £26 for unemployed and retired members).
This is our highest grade of membership and was introduced in 2013. Fellowships will be awarded to women who have made outstanding contributions to the field of engineering, to the encouragement of women in engineering, or in service to the Women's Engineering Society. Cost of Fellowship is £85 per year, and the concessionary rate for retired Fellows is £42 per year. Further information on WES fellowships here.
Men, and women who are not engineers, technologist or scientists but support the aims of the Society are eligible to join as Associate Members.
Subscription: £52 per annum (concession £26).
Women, including those who identify themselves as women and/or are discriminated against as women, undergoing approved training leading to a qualification in engineering, technology or related sciences.
Subscription: £10 per annum
Free Membership Grades:
Friend of WES
Guidance notes on membership grade:
- All women working within science and engineering with any science/engineering/technology qualifications should apply as Members.
- All women with any science/engineering/technology qualifications or backgrounds who are no longer working within the industry should also apply as Members.
- PhD and post grad students should apply as Student Members, unless their income is such that they can afford to pay the Member subscription in which case they should apply as Member.
- Apprentices, Year In Industry and Industrial Placement students should apply as Student Members, unless their income is such that they can afford to pay the Member subscription.
- All men are welcome to apply as Associates of WES.
*Concessionary rates are available for Members and Associates who are unemployed, on a career break or retired.