Join WES and support our work to encourage more gender diversity in engineering.
There are four paid grades of individual membership (plus concessionary rates for members with low or no income and retired members). All members have the same rights and privileges, with the single exception that an Associate Member is not eligible to stand as president.
There is also one free grade available.
Women working in the fields of engineering, technology (including IT) or science, or those with a background in these areas are eligible to be Full Members.
Subscription: £60 per annum (concession £30 for unemployed and retired members).
Not an engineer, but still want to support WES? Our Associate membership is the perfect way for male engineers, and men and women who are not engineers, technologist or scientists to support the aims of the Society. We are proud of the diversity of our membership and welcome individuals from all backgrounds and areas of expertise. No-one is excluded or disadvantaged by not having the "right" qualifications or background.
Subscription: £60 per annum (concession £30).
This is our highest grade of membership. Fellowships will be awarded to individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to the field of engineering or a related sector, to the sustained encouragement of women in STEM, or in service to the Women's Engineering Society. The annual cost of Fellowship is £100 per annum, with a concessionary rate of £50 for retired or unemployed members.
Women undergoing approved training leading to a qualification in engineering, technology or related sciences.
Men, or those not studying a STEM subject, should join as an Associate Student Member.
Subscription: £15 per annum
These supporter categories are a great way to stay in touch with WES, but do not provide access to many of the benefits an Individual Membership brings, in addition, they do not provide voting rights at the WES AGM or eligibility to join WES boards or working groups.
Supporter Membership grades are: Supporter, Student Supporter and Apprentice Supporter
Guidance notes on membership grades:
- All women working within science and engineering with any science/engineering/technology qualifications should apply as Full Members.
- All women with any science/engineering/technology qualifications or backgrounds who are no longer working within the industry should also apply as Full Members.
- PhD and post grad students should apply as Student Members or Student Supporters, unless their income is such that they can afford to pay the Full Member subscription in which case they should apply as Member.
- Apprentices, Year In Industry and Industrial Placement students should apply as Student Members or Student Supporters, unless their income is such that they can afford to pay the Full Member subscription.
- All men are welcome to apply as Associate Members of WES.
*Concessionary rates are available for Members and Associate Members who are unemployed, on a career break or retired.
Are you interested Corporate Partnership, Education Partnership or Not-for-Profit Partnership?
Our Partnership Programme enables organisations to help WES with the important work that we do in supporting women engineers and encouraging girls to see engineering as a career option, as well as helping your own company with its diversity and inclusion programme.
Click here for More information