Here at Apollo, we make smart devices that keep people safe from fire every second of every day. We’re proud of our reputation for being a global manufacturer in the market for high quality fire detection solutions.
Our Project Management team is expanding so we have an exciting opportunity for a highly talented Technical Project Manager to join us!
You must be of high potential, being expected to quickly demonstrate the capability to be able to lead the Project Management team.
You will focus on delivering projects ranging from £50K to in excess of £1M and supporting the Head of Projects to improve project delivery within Apollo. Typical projects are complex electronics product developments incorporating embedded software that span across the range of Apollo’s product portfolio. An element of this will be setting up ways of working based around Agile management techniques.
You will be engaging with all parts of the business from sales and product management through to production and customer support. Engagement with 3rd party vendors and/or customers may also be required. You will also be personally responsible for agreeing project delivery strategies tailored to each development with the wider company and then for driving these developments to completion.
You will be responsible for:
- Management of multi-disciplinary teams that include Marketing, Systems, Electronics, Firmware/Software, Mechanical, Validation, Product Approvals and Production Engineering.
- Managing technically complex, safety critical developments to meet the conflicting requirements of high performance, high reliability, and low cost.
- Managing of multiple projects in parallel where use of resources is negotiated across competing demands to best meet business needs
- Ownership of project charters to ensure developments are fully scoped, constraints defined, and success criteria agreed with escalations to senior management if objectives cannot be met within agreed boundaries.
- Identification and monitoring of project risk (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing of mitigation and/or contingent actions.
- Improving Project Management and other business processes within Apollo.
- Continual identification of Lessons Learnt as input into on-going process improvements.
- An active engagement in own and colleague’s professional development.
- Deputise for Head of Projects as required.
You must, as a minimum, be able demonstrate the following:
- A qualification in an engineering discipline.
- Experience of managing multi-disciplinary teams to develop and release electronics hardware products into production.
- A thorough knowledge of business processes from sales through to production.
- Expert in Project Management principles and tools.
- Expert in project planning; estimating, scheduling, risk/opportunity management etc.
- A self-starter with a proven ability to take the lead, build trust and manage independently without close supervision, seeing things through to completion.
- Experience in dealing with people; negotiating & persuading to achieve your goals.
- A problem-solver with a working knowledge of problem-solving techniques who loves finding creative solutions.
- A quick learner who can communicate complex situations in a simple way.
- Ambition to progress and take on wider responsibility.
If you are able to demonstrate any of the following it would be an advantage:
- Project Management qualification such as PRINCE2, APM or PMI.
- Agile management techniques.
- Managing embedded firmware/software and/or mechanical developments.
- Working with high volume manufacturing.
- Managing remote development teams.
- Managing 3rd party sub-contracts.
- Systems design and requirements management.
- Product approvals.
- Experience of the Fire Safety industry.
- Functional management including appraisals, coaching etc,
If you think this is the role for you please apply via our Company website https://www.apollo-fire.co.uk/careers/current-vacancies
We are happy to talk about flexible working
Our benefits include
- Employee Bonus Scheme
- Share Incentive Scheme
- 14 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Training & Professional Development
- Healthcare Incentives
- Company Pension & Life Assurance