Technical Programme Directors and Managers
£Excellent Salary + Benefits Package & Flexible Working
London, Surrey or Gloucester
This is a global organisation employing a diverse and talented workforce around the world. They are an iconic multinational technology company delivering market leading products and solutions to the Defence, Security and Cyber sectors. They are focused on developing the very best and most innovative products and services to their customers. Ethical business is at the heart of everything they do, ensuring they work closely and collaboratively with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology with a mission to provide a vital advantage where it counts.
It is a well branded Cyber business which is at the heart of protecting our national infrastructure and the wider connected world. It provides consulting services and the most advanced technology solutions to both government and commercial sectors, including financial services, protecting against financial fraud. This is an exciting time to join a business, which is committed and prides itself in keeping ahead of the ‘game’, and indirectly touches all our connected lives.
With newly won programmes and utilisation high, there is a need to grow the programme delivery capability.
As Programme Director/Manager, you will be responsible for shaping, planning and delivering technology led initiatives. The engagements are varied, unique, complex and exciting; they range across Cyber, Data and Digital. Depending on your experience, initiatives range from £10-100m (budget) and between five to 150 staff. Your responsibilities will include;
- Full lifecycle programme and project definition, planning and delivery. Manage and refine costing, estimates and execute against agreed milestones
- Close management and mobilisation of direct local and offshore, as well as third party, resources through the full delivery cycle
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders (i.e. the client Programme Head), managing customer expectations, reporting and assurance. Support the client account managers in driving account growth
The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate experience of leading similar or related type of programmes, in large complex technology driven environments. You will be a proven and forward thinking leader, able to drive best practice and motivate those around you.
You do not need to be a Cyber expert, but an interest in the subject is advantageous. The critical success factor however is your ability and ambition to manage technology led programmes in complex environments.
Required attributes include;
- Preferably client facing experience from within technology consulting, systems integration of other IT aligned professional services
- Preferably Central Government domain expertise, though other domain knowledge such as Financial Services and Telecoms are additionally of interest
- Successful full life cycle programme management track record, including selection of appropriate methodology, budgeting (£10m-£100m), estimating costs, resourcing and reporting
- Facilitate and manage high performance teams of analysts, architects, developers and testers, between five to 150 staff; coach, mentor and inspire direct, indirect and offshore teams.
- Gravitas: track record of building and sustaining senior client relationships; ability to persuade and influence
- Manage continuous improvement, ensuring quality and consistency of delivery
- Identify new business opportunities within related scope of existing work
Ideally you will have a software / applications development background and progressed into team leading and project management. This is a professional services organisation, which requires some travel to clients and other offices, but this is nominal.
For further information and details on how to apply, please visit www.berwickpartners.co.uk/70268
Closing date for applications: 14th February 2019