Does new technology excite you?
Are you keen to learn new things in the motor industry through hands on experience?
Would you like to use your engineering or technology degree to support transforming the future, in a FTSE 100 company?
The Direct Line Group Technical Engineering Graduate Programme could be for you.
Throughout our 3-year graduate programme you'll be working across the UK. You’ll spend the majority of time in your home region where you'll complete a number of different body shop based placements. This will include time as a Vehicle Damage Assessor, work in our Technical Team transforming our body shops, and getting to know the technology changing the automotive repair industry. From day one you'll be supported, encouraged and listened to. You'll take ownership of dynamic projects and enjoy on the job training and workshops, to develop your skills and gain qualifications. You’ll also have the chance to help shape the scheme and, by doing so, your future. What's even better is at the end of the 3-year programme, you'll have a chance to move into a permanent role, subject to your performance. This opportunity really is your launch-pad to the very top of our business.
What we're looking for
You'll be ambitious, creative and keen to soak up new experiences and make a positive impact on our customers lives. We're searching for more than just a degree. We need people who are deeply motivated and excited by working in an ever-changing environment. People who can deal with ambiguity, are collaborative, analytical, commercially aware and most of all, who can bring out the best in the people around them. A combination of all these qualities will certainly accelerate your career with us.
Our eligibility criteria
- At least a 2:2 undergraduate degree in an engineering or technology discipline
- Flexibility to relocate to any of our UK sites
- If you don't already hold a UK driving licence, you would need to commit to obtaining this in the 1st year of the programme
Salary and hours
It all starts with a competitive £2,500 joining bonus and a salary of £28,150, which will grow as you do. You'll work 40 hours per week with shifts dependent on which placement you are completing.
DLG are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity. We do not discriminate, and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways. We will always adapt so you have the best and most comfortable working environment. If during the recruitment process you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know.
Life at Direct Line Group
Let our colleagues answer your questions and tell you what it’s really like to work at DLG. Visit our discussion hub (https://directlinegroupcareers.career-inspiration.com/app/home/) to find out why Direct Line Group is a special place to work.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute more than this, and if you choose to opt out, this can be taken as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.