Systems Engineering Manager
£Excellent Salary & Benefits Package
Our client is a global organisation employing a diverse and talented workforce around the world. They are an iconic multinational technology company delivering market leading products and solutions to the defence, security and cyber sectors. They are focused on developing the very best and most innovative products and services to provide to their customers.
Ethical business is at the heart of everything they do, ensuring they work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology with a mission to provide a vital advantage where it counts.
Digitally enabled outputs and outcomes are fundamental to the Group and data is critical in both their OEM and service capability. This is an exciting time to be joining a global corporation at the forefront of technological development in their areas of expertise.
The Systems Engineering Teams play a vital part in delivering both current and future programmes in a time sensitive, safety critical, high precision, complex engineering environment. As a Systems Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the management of a Systems Engineering Team, typically up to 30 people in size. This role will provide you with the opportunity to work on complex projects involving multiple interfaces with customers and suppliers. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all engineering activity is undertaken in line with the operational framework and compliant with all engineering policies
- Effectively managing resources through the lifecycle of the project, ensuring staff are trained, competent and empowered to meet business objectives
- Engaging as part of the senior leadership team to align functional objectives with overarching business strategies
- Interfacing and influencing internal and external customers and other stakeholders, so that product offerings meet requirements and specifications
- Providing an excellent customer experience through operational performance and embedding a culture of continuous improvement
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a depth of experience providing engineering direction, management and leadership for a Systems Engineering Team or technical department in a complex engineering/manufacturing environment. Typical sectors could include aerospace, defence, nuclear, petrochemical, or oil and gas.
You will be a proven, forward thinking leader who is passionate about best practice. Your attributes will include:
- Collaborative, constructive and motivational leadership style
- Strong mentoring, coaching and communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels
- Resilience, tenacity and strong business acumen
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Affinity for cultural change within the broader business
- Exemplary leadership behaviours; able to build sustainable relationships based on trust
- Proven strength with organisation and personal communication skills
- Professionally accredited engineer (ideally at or working towards chartered status)
There is geographical flexibility to recruit the right candidates into a variety of sites, both in the UK and abroad. Global mobility would be highly valued.
The role offers an excellent base salary and benefits package.
How to Apply
The preferred method of application is online at www.berwickpartners.co.uk/70711
If you are unable to apply online please email your application to email@example.com
All applications will receive an automated response.
If you have any queries or would like more information with regard to this advert please contact:
D: +44 121 654 5920
M: +44 7793 529 579