Do you want to work for a global company where promoting gender equality is central to our vision of creating a truly diverse and inclusive business? Where everyone matters, and everyone belongs. More about us https://www.eaton.com
Supply Chain Manager (Worksop, UK)
As a Supply Chain Manager, you will lead and drive the deployment of SCM strategic initiatives to manage the flow of materials across the value stream into the facility, through the facility and outbound, in a way that maximizes on-time delivery while minimizing inventory and logistics cost. You will drive base root cause and continuous improvement activities as part of daily process and facilitate the team’s organizational development.
You will work within our world class Supply Chain department at our Worksop, UK site and will engage with the Plant Manager.
Your main responsibilities:
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
• You will demonstrate excellent communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills necessary to converse with diverse group of stakeholders including senior management, operations and Supply Chain Management personnel.
• You will have previous experience in successfully deploying commodity strategies and driving cost-out.
• You will demonstrate strong ERP system skills with SAP knowledge
• You will be expected to lead cross-functional teams in the development, implementation, and achievement of results through cross-functional business initiatives and commodity strategies.
• You will use managerial and collaborative skills to achieve and meet SCM and customer requirements and to gain the support needed to move projects and initiatives forward.
• You will use strong analytical problem solving abilities are necessary to understand operational inefficiencies and separate/ resolve legitimate supplier performance issues.
• You will need sound knowledge of Lean theory, deployment and metrics which are essential.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Qualifications - Internal
Your essential skills we are looking for:
• Relevant years of related professional and supervisory/managerial experience.
• Sound knowledge of supply chain experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Full knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP/SAP) requirements and order generation, process logic.
• Thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, scheduling, purchasing, supplier selection, inventory control, logistics, stockroom operations, shipping/receiving.
• Thorough knowledge of purchasing techniques and practices, including procedures associated with sourcing internationally.
• Detailed knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management.
• CIPS Qualification - desired
What we offer:
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• We make your growth matter - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
• We make ethics and culture matter – You will enjoy working in supportive and collaborative workplace where ethics and safety are in our DNA
• Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Our recent awards:
• One of the World's Most Ethical Companies 2021 by Ethisphere
• Top 50 Employers List 2020 by Woman Engineer Magazine
• Best Place to work for LGBTQ Equality 2020 by Human Rights Campaign
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening. – if applicable.