£Excellent Salary + Benefits Package & Flexible Working
London, Surrey or Leeds
Our client is a global organisation employing a diverse and talented workforce around the world. They are an iconic multinational technology company delivering market leading products and solutions to the defence, security and cyber sectors. They are focused on developing the very best and most innovative products and services to their customers.
Ethical business is at the heart of everything they do, ensuring they work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology with a mission to provide a vital advantage where it counts.
Its well-branded cyber business is at the heart of protecting our national infrastructure and the wider connected world. It provides consulting services and the most advanced technology solutions to both government and commercial sectors, including financial services, protecting against financial fraud.
This is an exciting time join a business that is committed to, and prides itself on, keeping ahead of the game, and indirectly touches all our connected lives.
With newly won programmes and utilisation high, there is a need to grow the software engineering capability.
As a Software Engineer, you will be the technical expert on a variety of complex projects. You will be a passionate developer and eager to utilise a breadth of technologies to deliver the best possible solutions.
- Have coding experience across some or all of the following technologies:
- Java: Java JEE, JSP, JSF, EJB, Spring, JDBC.
- Microsoft: C#, C++, .Net, Sharepoint, ODBC.
- Data Processing: Hadoop, Oracle, R, Elastic, SQL, Mongo.
- Web: HTML, XML, SOAP.
- O/S: Linux, Windows.
- Mobile: iOS, Android.
- MATLAB, Maple.
- Test frameworks such as Selenium.
- Be a technology and thought leader, actively engaging and collaborating with Project Managers, Development Managers, Architects and other Engineers.
- Troubleshoot across different levels of the technology stack, integrate software products to harmonise disparate platforms.
- Work in a constantly evolving technical environment and have a passion for technology advancement.
The successful candidates will be deeply technical and have a natural passion for software development. You do not need to be a cyber expert, but an interest in the subject is advantageous.
Required attributes include:
- A technical authority on software development.
- Experience of the full development life cycle.
- Coming from a structured and technology-advancing organisation.
- Encouraging more effective ways of working.
- Having a technical, numerate or scientific academic qualification.
- Must be, or have the ability to be, security cleared; ideally have an interest in becoming DV cleared.
You are likely to come from a range of industries including technology consulting, systems integration, software or from within a corporate business with in-house software development. Ideally you will have a software/applications development background and progressed into team leading and project management.
This is a professional services organisation, which requires some travel to clients and other offices, but this is nominal.
How to Apply
The preferred method of application is online at
If you are unable to apply online please email your application to email@example.com
All applications will receive an automated response.