Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital. Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
This team uses a suite of open source and proprietary tools to build the environments that both analyze (perform powerful simulations) and deploy our quantitative strategies (predictive models) throughout their entire lifecycle. The immediate team is located in London and collaborates regularly with New York engineering counterparts and researchers.
Simulations Engineering is responsible for solving challenges relating to both scale and speed. Besides the sheer size of the code-base one of the greatest challenges is to take a process that is both very computer intensive and very sequential, and compress the runtime from a number of years to several hours. This challenge stretches our engineers beyond simple optimization and pushes them to take a step back, question what really needs to run and what is optional, precompute as much as possible, distribute the system even if it’s sequential, and make the right assumptions.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Manage and mentor a team of 5+ highly skilled software engineers.
- Improve features, performance and scalability of Core Simulations platform
- Contribute technically to projects via architecture, design, and hands-on implementation
- Ensure that department milestones/goals are achieved in a timely fashion.
- Support recruiting efforts in order to meet changing business needs and promote internal mobility
- Help define the engineering wide goals and processes
- Ensure an inclusive and healthy engineering culture
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or another highly technical, scientific discipline
- Ability to program with one or more high level languages (such as Python, Java, C/C++, Go)
- Experience developing simulations platforms is preferred but not required. Finance experience is NOT required.
- 7+ years’ software engineering experience.
- 2+ years’ experience directly managing, and mentoring a software engineering team, setting technical strategy and ensuring timely project delivery.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
To view more information about Two Sigma, and apply for the opportunity, please visit our careers page and CLICK HERE