- You will work in a team to help to maintain and extend our flagship RVS software, adding features, resolving problems, fixing bugs, testing and improving the quality of our products.
- You will be developing high-quality software using a variety of languages and technologies (C, C++, Python, Ada, Java, Perl, SQL and others).
- Investigating and understanding customer needs, leading to the specification and design of new software and features.
- Taking part in research, driving current and future technology, coming up with innovative ideas and seeing them through to completion, working with our customers to help them apply the technologies.
- Working with major aerospace, space and automotive companies in the UK and around the world.
- Generating content to support the sales and marketing of new features.
Required skills and experience
- A strong software background and excellent programming skills.
- The desire and ability to solve complex technical problems.
- Skills in some or all of the following: Ada, C, C++, Java, Python, SQL (the ability to learn new technologies is far more important than specific skills - our philosophy is to hire good people who can learn).
- An excellent degree or PhD level qualification in computer science or a related field.
- Well organised and a positive "can do" attitude.
Desirable skills and experience
- Knowledge or experience of real-time and embedded systems, safety-critical/high reliability software.
- Aerospace or automotive experience, especially DO-178C, ISO 26262 or IEC61508.
- Knowledge of Matlab/Simulink.
- A research background, innovation.
- Linux & Windows development.
What you will bring to Rapita Systems
You will be able to integrate with our development team to help bring new directions and powerful product features to our software. You will be working with our customers, developing ideas, prototyping, specifying, and then supporting the development, testing and qualification/certification for flight, including supporting the documentation and marketing of the product, producing demonstrations and training material.
Rapita is a great place to work with a strong, friendly team, flexible working times, 31 days annual leave (includes bank holidays), a private pension, an innovative ethos and culture, and an open, flexible working environment. We'd love for you to experience this yourself, have a look at some of our employee profiles!
Salary £28k - £50k depending on experience and ability. Location: York, UK. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
To apply, send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (electronic PDF submissions only). We look forward to hearing from you.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.