Mirada is a global medical imaging brand, based in central Oxford. Our mission is to equip clinicians and healthcare professionals with the world’s best medical imaging and AI-powered automation.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Java developer to join our specialised project teams building cutting-edge software to accelerate cancer care. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of new features and improvements, collaborating with peers in the engineering, test and science teams to create innovative solutions to our customer’s needs. Our development team is smart and dedicated, and we take pride in the quality of our work. We are also committed to continuous improvement, taking ownership of our learning and our processes.
Why work for Mirada
- Our hybrid working model means this is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to have a mixture of office work and working from home.
- We are a socially impactful company. At Mirada, you will see how the products you help to create impact those helping to fight cancer.
- We are a company that is proud of people’s careers and want to give you the skills to progress and grow. We offer countless opportunities to learn new skills through coaching, mentoring and formal training.
- We actively emphasise the importance of a good work-life balance, as such we are a company that can flex to the commitments you have outside of work.
- We are a company that actively promotes wellbeing and champions a stigma-free environment. With numerous health and wellbeing initiatives, everyone at Mirada has the help and support to thrive both at work and away from work.
What you’ll be involved in
- Design and development of medical imaging software that helps clinicians diagnose and treat cancer
- Research, investigation and prototyping of new features and technologies
- Reviewing code from other developers, suggesting improvements in structure, style, and efficiency
- Working as part of a Scrum, contributing to story creation, sprint planning and retrospectives
- Continuous improvement initiatives both in the development team and wider business
What you’ll need
- Experience in Java development
- Experience of developing software to requirement specifications
- Experience of working with IDE, source control systems, issue tracking systems and build systems
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to work to deadlines individually and as part of a team
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Understanding the full software development lifecycle
- A commitment to continual improvement and learning
Nice to have
- Degree-level education in relevant discipline or commercial software development experience
- Experience in development using C++ or C# and related technologies
- Experience of working with any of the following development tools: Eclipse, IntelliJ, Visual Studio, Git, JIRA, Maven
- Experience of web development or technologies
- Experience of UI frameworks such as Swing
- Experience of computer imaging
- Experience of cybersecurity
- Experience of working using Agile methodologies, particularly Scrum
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- Desire to learn about new technologies and working practices
To apply for this position please see https://miradamedical.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=43
If you would like more information on the role, please do not hesitate to get in touch by emailing email@example.com