A number of opportunities are available to join the world leading speciality measurement company, Waters, based in Wilmslow, Cheshire. They have pioneered innovations such as chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis for the life, materials and food sciences. The team focus on creating business advantages for laboratory-dependent organisations to enable significant advancements in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety and water quality.
The organisation pride themselves on their collaborative, diverse and dynamic team culture and they have come to STEM Returners to help them continue this culture as they grow.
They are looking to recruit a number of Software Developers of varying levels from Entry right up to Principal. Whether you are trying to transfer in to software development, have had a career break and want to return or are already working and want to make a change Waters are committed to providing training and guidance.
If you want to make a genuine difference to people's lives then this role is perfect for you.
At Waters, the Informatics group produce software that is used by people worldwide for specialist measurement and scientific analysis. We are currently seeking a number of people to join the team as Full-Stack Software Developers to work in one of our development teams. We work in a collaborative, agile environment, where team members are empowered to innovate and continually improve. We believe strongly in the value of personal development, and provide support and dedicated time for our people to pursue this.
What can we offer you?
In addition to salary, we work flexibly and provide 25 days holidays, excellent family friendly benefits such as attractive employer pension contribution, life assurance, income protection and private medical. With Waters, there are plenty of opportunities for you to grow, develop and contribute.
- Software development across our technology stack
- Working collaboratively as part of a cross discipline agile team to deliver software increments for Informatics applications
- Contributing to team and project continuous improvement activities
- Contributing to continuous integration and delivery frameworks and approaches
- Continual learning, to stay up-to-date with the latest techniques and technologies in software development
What you need to start your journey as a successful Software Developer at Waters:
- Knowledge and shown experience as a full stack software developer, ideally with exposure to elements across our technology stack (Angular, Typescript, Bootstrap, C#, .Net, Oracle).
- Knowledge and application of software engineering practices (e.g. Unit testing, TDD, CI/CD, SOLID, BDD etc.).
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
The following criteria are desirable, but are not essential since training will be provided for you:
- Agile software development for iterative product delivery
- Continuous delivery, with pipelines implemented in Docker, Linux & Gradle
- Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), with Gherkin & SpecFlow
- Atlassian Jira, Bamboo, Confluence & JFrog Artifactory
- Software security implementation (e.g. OWASP, PKI, X509 Certificates, TLS)
- Software development for regulated environments (e.g. IVD / Medical devices)
To apply please e-mail email@example.com with your current CV.