Work as part of a Software development team in Burgess Hill, also in cooperation with other teams internationally. Lead the definition of the Software Architecture and guide more junior engineers.
We are looking for someone to lead Software Architecture and development in our Automotive Cyber Security team in Burgess Hill. The right candidate will have the ability to understand complex design issues and develop to a high level of quality. The role requires technical ability in software development and experience of delivering in an automotive or similar environment. This is a great opportunity to join a team making a difference in the future world of automated driving.
- Lead the development of embedded software architecture and implementation in C/C++.
- Take responsibility for the quality of SW implementation within the team and encourage lesson learning.
- Participate in peer software code review.
- Set example of excellence and mentor less experienced team members.
- Take ownership of own short and long term planning within the team.
- Highlight any risks / issues early to the team.
- Interact with other Continental teams as required by the project.
- Interact with customers and suppliers as required by the project.
- Participate in internal and external audits as necessary and ensure compliance to ASPICE / IATF.
- Flexibility to work across the development domains, from requirements to design, implementation and test.
- Experience of System Engineering an advantage
- Education: Degree level (or equivalent) Computer Science, Electronics, Maths or Physics.
- Professional Experience: At least five years' experience of embedded software design and development.
- Project Experience: Ideally automotive (or similar) industry SW design/development experience.
- Advanced C/C++ programming skills, preferably in MISRA / AUTOSAR environment
- Experience in multicore and multi-processor embedded systems, ideally targeting video streaming applications.
- Experience in and willingness to learn more Cyber-Security topics
- Knowledge of RTOS (AUTOSAR an advantage), Linux (QNX an advantage)
- Knowledge of memory management, task scheduling, defining interfaces and documenting appropriately.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux command line including SW development toolchain (e.g. CMake, GCC, git…).
- Fluent English, excellent communication and teamwork skills.
Private medical insurance, Pension Scheme, EAP, Health related discounts, Income protection, Life assurance, Flexible working, Extended time off in December, Bonus Scheme and Ongoing professional development opportunities.
Competitive salary (dependent on skills and experience).
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference 168238BR- Software Architect