Job Title: Site Health Safety Security and Environment Manager
Location: Port Sunlight Office & Factories
The HSSE Manager (Site Health Safety Security Environment) has overall responsibility for managing Safety, Security, Health & Environmental governance and compliance activities to demonstrate excellence within a complex manufacturing environment. They will work with site Supply Chain teams to develop the local HSSE Strategy and improvement plans to achieve sustainable excellence by reducing incidents, injuries, illnesses and the environmental impact as measured in the core Key Performance Indicators. The primary hazards associated with the Port Sunlight site are those of a process safety measure. The Site HSSE Manager is required to proactively and effectively manage frequent regulatory intervention from both the HSE and the Environment Agency, through the management of the COMAH (Control of Major Accident Hazards) Regulations and other relevant statutory instruments.
- Deploy the Global/Cluster HSSE strategy, policy and standards in the site to achieve best-in-class Health Safety, Security and Environmental performance
- Manage the HSSE teams responsible to deliver Operational Safety, Security, Process Safety and Environment results.
- Ensure that all measures necessary are taken to comply with the COMAH Regulations.
- Support and monitor the Occupational Health programme to ensure compliance with legislation and Unilever policy, standards and improvement programmes.
- Drive safety and environment risk assessment and develop/implement appropriate controls.
- Reduce the site’s environmental impact in the areas of Chemical Oxygen Demand, hazardous & non‐hazardous waste, SOx & CO2 emissions and water & energy consumption.
- Lead the Unilever Manufacturing System Safety Pillar
- Develop a thorough understanding of Unilever behaviour-based safety programmes and support deployment in the site.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Unilever process safety management programme and support deployment in the site and support the application of Unilever guidelines and procedures for Process Safety assessment.
- Influence senior management and drive safety and environmental leadership through line management
- Monitor site legal compliance and ensure the site meets all local/national regulatory requirements and Unilever standards, provide advice on national legislation requirements & implement relevant procedures and policies
- Work closely with Occupational Health personnel to identify and mitigate risks which may lead to occupational ill health
- Assist the site leader to develop and lead the internal crisis committees and safety committee; support the site leader in leading serious incident investigation and analysis
- Provide competent advice to line management throughout incident investigation and the implementation of corrective and preventive countermeasures
- Conduct trend analysis of lagging/leading indicators as well as internal/external benchmarking to provide insight to senior leadership and influence strategic direction setting of the site
- Develop and deploy internal HSSE auditing and inspection systems, participate in audits of other Unilever organisations as required
- Determine training needs and assist in delivery of training programmes
- Develop and implement the security management programme, coordinate capital investment for security expenditure and liaise with government bodies for regulatory security matters
ALL ABOUT YOU
- Engineering Degree or similar technical discipline (Chemical or Mechanical Engineering)
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management (or working towards)
- IEMA Practitioner Certificate
- CQI IRCA ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 Lead Auditor
- Project Management Qualification
- Security Management Qualification (could be included as part of a training plan)
- Chemical manufacturing or similar high-hazard process industry experience
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods manufacturing experience within a factory or site
- Relevant experience of managing safety, health and environment within a complex, multi-site manufacturing environment
You can apply directly to the role via our Careers Site : Site Health Safety Security and Environment Manager (myworkdayjobs.com)
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Dove, Tresemme, Lynx, Lifebuoy, Shea Moisture, Persil, Domestos, Ben & Jerry’s, Magnum, Marmite, The Vegetarian Butcher, Graze and Pot Noodle.
Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace
What we offer
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and pension scheme, we also offer an annual bonus, free gym, a discounted staff shop and shares. You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and hybrid working environment.
Whilst the role is advertised on a full-time basis, we would be happy to discuss possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you. We are a key advocate of wellbeing and offer a variety of support for our people including hubs, programmes and development opportunities. We strive to achieve a family-friendly and inclusive workplace and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity. We are also more than happy to provide reasonable adjustments during our application and interview process to enable you to be present your best self.