We are looking for a Senior Web Developer who is an expert in Angular, CSS, html and delivering websites onto Linux infrastructure (embedded Linux for IOT a definite advantage). We offer the opportunity to work towards becoming the key technical figure in a large engineering function (100+ people), leading and steering our efforts for web technologies as we expand.
You will develop web interfaces for cutting edge products in the marine technology market. You are expected to have an excellent knowledge of Angular built websites delivered on Linux coupled with a thirst to keep this knowledge up to date with new industry trends, features and toolsets. You will have the ability to work as a part of the team to deliver software products in a well-structured, supportable and extendable fashion.
- Mentor, and guide other engineers & developers in learning and progressing their knowledge in web technologies.
- Develop quality software solutions for Sonardyne products.
- Where necessary produce unit tests for work.
- Carry out constructive code reviews of others work.
- Provide accurate estimations as a part of the team to the Software Development Manager and other project managers to ensure that software is delivered on time and too budget.
- Document software accurately and to the right level of detail to enable other Software Engineers to work on the projects as needed.
- As a part of the team assist with planning the sprints and deadlines for software deliveries.
- Keep up to date on technical changes in web-based frameworks.
- Act as a peer reviewer for other Software Engineer’s documentation.
- Work with colleagues across the wider Engineering function to deliver full boxed solutions for Sonardyne’s clients.
- 3rd Line support for customers, as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- SSO Integration for Websites
- In-depth knowledge of Common Web Security Threats and how to avoid them when building Websites
- Experience of CSS including delivery frameworks such as LESS and SASS
- HTML, TDD and GIT experience
- Agile software development practices
- Use of Enterprise documentation tools such as Visio, UML and DFDs
- Experience of writing Functional and Technical Specifications
- The ability to review other colleagues’ technical documents and provide constructive feedback
- Experience of C++, React, WebGL, SQL and/or NoSQL Databases, TeamCity
- Embedded Software Experience
- Cloud based experience in Azure or Amazon AWS.
- Multi-lingual Website Support
- SSL Certification and Management on IOT Devices
To apply, please email HR.Team@sonardyne.com attaching a copy of your CV.