Known globally for the development of revolutionary technologies, Abbott Diabetes Care designs, develops and manufactures glucose monitoring systems for use in both home and hospital settings.
We have a Centre of Excellence in Witney for the manufacture of electrodes and biosensors used by patients and healthcare professionals for the day-to-day management of diabetes. The Operations group is the largest team in the Witney facility, producing significant volumes of test strips and sensors per year to the high quality standards demanded by European and US authorities and our internal quality systems.
To support ongoing business growth and investment in our site, we have a new opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our Operations Systems team.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will be using your experience in complex software systems delivery to support new and legacy systems in a high volume manufacturing environment. You will support business critical system scoping, requirements management and validation activities whilst simultaneously leveraging your experience in regulated system delivery to bring industry best practices to this growing team.
The ideal candidate will be qualified in Computer or Software Engineering (or equivalent), ideally to Degree level. You will have exposure of, or a willingness to adopt Agile/Scrum delivery methodology, and ideally be ISTQB trained.
To be successful, you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in a key delivery role across multiple software development lifecycles in different teams/products.
- Understanding of regulated system delivery, change and optimisation
- Deep experience with requirements management systems (e.g. DOORS, CalibreRM) (preferably to include configuration and maintenance of above)
- Experience with source code tracking systems (e.g. SVN, GIT, DevOps).
- Familiarity with developing basic scripting capabilities to support project delivery in a regulated environment.
- Excellent communication skills to help you to explain complex concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
ADC Witney is committed to growing diverse and inclusive teams. We welcome you to apply if the job description as a whole appeals, even if there are specific areas where you don’t have previous experience.
In addition to highly competitive salaries, Abbott offers a very attractive benefits package which includes a defined contribution pension scheme, a share ownership scheme, private healthcare, life assurance, and a flexible benefits scheme which you can tailor to your own requirements. Here at Witney, we also like to help our employees live life to the fullest, and therefore we offer a range of optional initiatives for you to get involved in, including onsite allotments, couch to 5k campaigns, bee keeping, yoga and more!
TO APPLY please use the following link: https://www.jobs.abbott/us/en/job/30959896/Senior-Systems-Engineer-Software-Validation