Swytch is changing the way we move. We fundamentally believe that transport shouldn't cost the Earth - so we've made it our mission to make electric transport accessible to everybody.
Since launching in 2017 we have reached over 40,000 customers, across 50 countries who have collectively ridden over 10 million miles! Since then, we have raised over $5MM to scale our operations and supercharge our product development.
Founded by Engineers and cycling enthusiasts Oliver Montague and Dmitro Khroma, Swytch is a close-knit team dedicated to creating low carbon transport solutions which are fun to use and good for the planet. We’re now growing our team to keep up with the unprecedented demand for our technology. Join us and to be part of the electric transport revolution.
Check out our original Campaign - https://youtu.be/RGCNW2KOtIE.
The R&D Team
Technology is core to Swytch. We have redefined the eBike kit product category with excellent design and innovative technology. Our future is to redefine even bigger categories, including complete electric bikes.
To achieve this mission, we are assembling a world-class R&D team consisting of Engineers and Designers capable of pushing the limits of what is possible. We are looking for problem solvers, leaders, and innovators with first class skills in product development, design, and Engineering.
This opportunity is for a Senior Project Manager to join the R&D team of an industry leading consumer electronics company, developing innovative electric transport products.
You will be reporting directly to the co-founder & CTO Dmitro, and you’ll be joining a department made up of Product, Design and Engineering teams. You will be working closely alongside the Head of Engineering, and Senior Product Manager on guiding our product & technology roadmaps through to successful delivery.
The ideal candidate has proven experience successfully leading teams through development and shipping of multidisciplinary consumer electronics or electric vehicle products. They are comfortable simultaneously managing a detailed manufacturing plan alongside facilitating Agile sprint development cycles as a scrum master.
- Proactively drive hardware product development projects from concept to delivery by managing project scope, priorities, resources, risk and budget
- Develop a clear approach to managing any project, utilizing the best of agile and waterfall methodologies to synchronise multiple disciplines
- Planning, forecasting, and tracking budget, resource usage, critical path, key dependencies, and milestones.
- Use a variety of appropriate methods to seek, identify, track, and mitigate project risks and issues throughout the project lifecycle
- Facilitate communication, engineering management, change management and data release with overseas agencies & ODMs
- Establishing strong relationships and communication with internal stakeholders across Manufacturing, Warranty, Customer Service and Marketing departments
- Provide mentorship and support to junior team members and managers spearheading a culture of world-class project management
- Facilitating communication, workflows, and technical management within and between engineering disciplines
- Experience working with teams doing full hardware product development lifecycle, from spec to architecture, detailed design, BOM, DFM, RFQ, tooling, mass production in overseas factories and continuous technical support.
- Comfortable simultaneously managing a detailed manufacturing plan alongside facilitating Agile sprint development cycles as a scrum master
- Formal Prince2 or similar PjM accreditation with working knowledge of Agile methodologies
Nice to have:
- Degree in Engineering (or similar technical field) is preferred, or proven experience successfully leading engineering teams
- Direct involvement with projects containing both hardware and software aspects, working across several different teams
- Great facilitator; comfortable sorting out ambiguity and bringing structure and clarity of purpose to a conversation
- An entrepreneurial spirit, independent and creative thinking, and leadership through collaboration, not authority
- Hybrid working structure. Core online hours are 10 - 4. Choose to either come in to our Hackney Wick studios & workshop, or work remotely from home. The R&D team typically work 60% in-office and are commutable distance to London for best balance of teamwork and focus.
- Uncapped annual leave
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Free lunch when visiting the office
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellbeing service subscriptions
- A free Swytch Conversion Kit - so you can join our electric cycling revolution!
- Electric Penny Farthing Lessons
Diversity is important to us: We are a mixed group of people from many different backgrounds, each with our unique experiences. We respect and admire our differences and believe everyone can make a contribution to Swytch. Our recruitment process is reviewed regularly to maintain its fair and unbiased approach, and our management team has undergone unconscious bias training. We believe our success is based on the innovation of our team, the differing opinions, and the ability to respect each other enough to brainstorm our way to new ideas.