Swytch is changing the way we move. We fundamentally believe that transport shouldn't cost the Earth - so we've made it our mission to make electric transport accessible to everybody.
Since launching in 2017 we have reached over 40,000 customers, across 50 countries who have collectively ridden over 10 million miles! Since then, we have raised over $5MM to scale our operations and supercharge our product development.
Founded by Engineers and cycling enthusiasts Oliver Montague and Dmitro Khroma, Swytch is a close-knit team dedicated to creating low carbon transport solutions which are fun to use and good for the planet. We’re now growing our team to keep up with the unprecedented demand for our technology. Join us and to be part of the electric transport revolution.
Check out our original Campaign - https://youtu.be/RGCNW2KOtIE.
The R&D Team
Technology is core to Swytch. We have redefined the eBike kit product category with excellent design and innovative technology. Our future is to redefine even bigger categories, including complete electric bikes.
To achieve this mission, we are assembling a world-class R&D team consisting of Engineers and Designers capable of pushing the limits of what is possible. We are looking for problem solvers, leaders, and innovators with first class skills in product development, design, and Engineering.
This opportunity is for a Senior Product Manager to join the R&D team of an industry leading consumer electronics company, developing innovative electric transport products.
You will be reporting directly to the co-founder & CTO Dmitro, and you’ll be joining a department made up of Product, Design and Engineering teams. You will be working closely alongside the Head of Engineering, and Senior Project Manager on developing our product and technology roadmaps.
The ideal candidate has proven experience successfully managing hardware product strategy within a D2C product-led company. They have a background knowledge of the cycling industry and are comfortable building partnerships and processes across an agile, growing organisation.
- Defining Swytch’s eBike product & service vision, roadmap & requirements
- Ownership of front-end hardware product pipeline, generating and down-selecting between hundreds of product variations
- Product ownership of the chosen products throughout the full development lifecycle
- Define customer profiles based on focus groups, interviews, and UX studies with existing and potential customers.
- Researching competitor product, service, and technology landscape to develop product positioning
- Partnering with our Engineering teams to define requirements and scope of initiatives
- Partnering with our Industrial Design team to rapidly iterate digital prototypes, marketing assets, and product renders
- Partnering with our Website Product Manager & Marketing team to systematically test the traction of ideas through trial digital campaigns and A-B Testing mock-up landing pages
- Determining what gets built & delivered to profitably solve customer & business needs through modelling of price, projected revenue, and profit
- Experience as a Product Manager within D2C hardware product-led organisations
- Experience as a Product Owner within a Scrum or other agile team environment
- Working knowledge and interest of eBike systems and the cycling industry
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Experience making key product decisions in an agile environment alongside executives and other stakeholders
- Ability to create new processes, work with existing processes & dealing with ambiguous prioritisation depending on business needs
- Experience in running product discovery with customers, stakeholders, UX/UI resources & architects. Validating your own ideas, interpreting data, and understanding constraints
- Strong communication skills – written, oral and live in front of an audience
- An entrepreneurial spirit, independent and creative thinking, and leadership through collaboration, not authority
- Hybrid working structure. Core online hours are 10 - 4. Choose to either come in to our Hackney Wick studios & workshop, or work remotely from home. The R&D team typically work 60% in-office and are commutable distance to London for best balance of teamwork and focus.
- Uncapped annual leave
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Free lunch when visiting the office
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellbeing service subscriptions
- A free Swytch Conversion Kit - so you can join our electric cycling revolution!
- Electric Penny Farthing Lessons
Diversity is important to us: We are a mixed group of people from many different backgrounds, each with our unique experiences. We respect and admire our differences and believe everyone can make a contribution to Swytch. Our recruitment process is reviewed regularly to maintain its fair and unbiased approach, and our management team has undergone unconscious bias training. We believe our success is based on the innovation of our team, the differing opinions, and the ability to respect each other enough to brainstorm our way to new ideas.