Do you want to play a role in solving global energy challenges for future generations?
At Aker Solutions we are committed to helping the energy industry and broader society #PowerTheChange towards a low-carbon future. We are changemakers and problem solvers with more than 180 years of experience. Our ambitions are high. By 2030, renewables and low-carbon solutions for oil and gas will make up two-thirds of our business. Do you want to be a part of driving the transition?
Our Material department in Fornebu is now looking for a Senior Material Engineer.
We are specialists in managing large projects from feasibility studies and conceptual engineering, through FEED and detailed engineering.
Engineering is executing major projects across the globe in both oil and gas and renewables sector. This includes Norway’s ground-breaking Brevik carbon capture project, as well as delivering engineering and design for Northern Lights, the world’s first CO₂ storage facility on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. Further we are studying the design and delivery of hydrogen and ammonia projects.
As part of a strategic alliance, we are also working on a large digitalization project as part of the development of the NOA oil and gas field offshore Norway, whilst pioneering new digital solutions to make operations safer and more efficient.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for material technology activities / deliveries in all phases of projects (studies, FEEDs and execution), which includes the following tasks:
- Material selection
- Corrosion protection
- Cathodic protection
- Evaluation of supplier bids
- Input to engineering and equipment packages
- Review of supplier documentation
- Follow-up of suppliers with respect to material matters
We think you should have:
- Master’s degree in Material Science or other relevant Engineering areas
- 5-10 years of versatile experience with material technology in the oil and gas and/or process industry
- Good knowledge of relevant international standards, client standards and preferably NORSOK standards
- Good communication skills and a proactive work approach are required
- Experience from early phase / study projects is an advantage
- Multidiscipline understanding
- Flexibility to travel when needed
More reasons to work with us:
- Professional development and excellent career opportunities with the chance to work on a wide variety of projects ranging from oil and gas, renewables (carbon capture, hydrogen and offshore wind) to aqua culture
- A healthy work-life balance with flexible working conditions throughout the different phases of your life journey
- Competitive pay and benefits with excellent pension and insurance schemes as well as private health services provided by Aker Care
- Access to welfare club with free gym facilities, sports equipment hire and cabins for rent in the mountains and by the sea
- Possibility to work remotely/from home 1-3 days per week
- The opportunity to become a part of our Young Solutioneers, an international employee network that brings together our young talents for professional development, networking and fun
Interested? Contact us.
For more information about the position, please contact: Magdalena Peczek, NES Advantage Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.