The development, validation and implementation of technologies at a systems level in line with the companies extended 6 year Innovation and NPD (New Product Development) program.
- The development and integration of new and existing technologies, and inventive engineering solutions into current and future product categories
- Apply systems level engineering/thinking across current and future product ranges to define and develop future technology development activities across whole product ranges.
- Support the Innovation Manager and wider technical function to define future technology systems requirements.
- Manage an on-going roadmap of new and existing technologies and technology implementation timescales alongside R&D Category Managers, Product Marketing and other technical leaders.
- Identify, develop, test and validate relevant new and existing electro mechanical technologies, with a focus on motor integration, motor control and transmission systems.
- Deliver technology projects into production as needed; provide support for research and development teams during NPD project execution phase.
- Support innovation team projects by acting as a bridge between innovative future concepts and the realities of feasibility, cost and production
- Manage own workload to meet key objectives set by Innovation manager and wider technical management team.
- Operating CAD (Computer Aided Design) and other software as applicable.
- Preparing and presenting information, ideas and data at a senior management level
- Arranging and chairing relevant meetings, minute taking and circulation.
- Developing Prototypes including design, manufacture and testing.
- Comply with the Roles and Responsibilities as is defined in the Health and Safety Manual.
Key Interface – Internal/External
- Innovation Manager
- Innovation Engineers
- R&D Category Managers
- Director of Technical Operations
- R&D Engineers and Technicians
- Product Marketing Team
- Project Management
- Home Economists/Innovation Chef
- Industrial Designers
- Technical Management (De’Longhi Group companies)
- Technical Consultants/3rd Parties
- Suppliers – UK, Europe and Asia
Qualifications & Experience:
- History of technology development or adaptation across different product categories (ideally SDA or another price sensitive industry)
- Applicable Degree and / or HNC (Higher National Certificate), HND (Higher National Diploma) in a technology field such as Engineering, Physics or equivalent
- Experience in an applicable technology development role (preferably Electromechanical products, motors, motor control or transmissions).
- Systems level engineering experience, managing technology implementation across different product categories.
- Proven ability to take technology and apply to real world products
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ready to engage pro-actively across the organisation and with external partners
- Good communication and leadership skills to gain support for initiatives, new Ways of Working, coaching and mentoring
- Competent in use of 2D and 3D design software. (NX preferred but not essential)
- Knowledge of use of other applicable software tools.
- Competent in use of applicable design technology such as rapid prototyping machines, specialised test equipment, etc.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards professional registration.
- Heating technology experience
- Product cost down experience
To apply for this position, please email a covering letter and your CV details to firstname.lastname@example.org