Purpose: Design and development of new products and standardised designs in-line with the company NPD (New Product Development) programme. Maintain and continually improve existing products as necessary.
- Design and development of new and existing products.
- Specification of test requirements and development and direction of prototype testing.
- Document and software control.
- Supervision of Development Technician(s) and supporting Engineers.
- Supporting the Design and Development Team Leader in interpreting and translating the PDS (Product Design Specification) into product design proposals and ultimately a finished design, at or below target cost.
- Operating CAD (Computer Aided Design) and other software as applicable.
- Managing own workload to meet key project objectives set by Design and Development Team Leader.
- Participating in design reviews.
- Analysing Data and writing of Technical Reports.
- Preparing and presenting information, ideas and data.
- Arranging and chairing relevant meetings, minute taking and circulation.
- Completing DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) studies and identifying test requirements.
- Preparing test plans.
- Developing Prototypes including design, manufacture and testing.
- Filing documents and data.
- Creating and maintaining document and data revision registers.
- Operating the Engineering Change Control System.
- Maintaining records.
- Planning and allocating work to Development Technicians / supporting Engineers.
- Training (on the job), coaching and developing of Development Technicians and supporting Engineers.
- Comply with the Roles and Responsibilities as is defined in Section 2.3 of the Health and Safety Manual.
Key Interface – Internal/External
- Design and Development Team Leader
- Engineering Design Manager
- Director of Technical Operations
- Engineers and Technicians
- NPD Marketing
- Project Management
- Research & Development
- Home Economists
- Industrial Designers (Kenwood Design Office)
- Technical Management (De’Longhi Group companies)
- Technical and Account Managers – DGDK (DongGuan De’Longhi Kenwood)
- Technical Team – Engineers, Quality Team, Production - DGDK
- Technical Consultants
- Suppliers – UK, Europe and Asia
Qualifications & Experience:
- Applicable Degree and / or HNC (Higher National Certificate), HND (Higher National Diploma) in Engineering.
- Experience in an applicable engineering product development role (preferably Electromechanical).
- Proven ability to take NPD projects from concept through to mass production.
- Competent in use of proprietary 2D and 3D design software. (NX preferred)
- Knowledge of use of other applicable software tools.
- Detailed knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes for correct specification to production capabilities e.g. plastic injection moulding, die-casting, sheet metal pressings, machining etc.
- Competent in use of applicable design technology such as rapid prototyping machines, specialised test equipment, etc.
- Chartered or working towards professional registration.
- Completion of accredited Engineering Apprenticeship or Engineering Graduate training programme.
- Competent in use of other applicable software tools such as Finite Element Analysis, Fluid Flow analysis etc.
- A strong appreciation of Electromechanics.
To apply for this position, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org