Are you an engineering professional with a passion for delivering amazing products? Do you wear your SolidWorks experience like a badge of honour? If so, keep reading! Ooni is looking for a customer-focused Senior Design Engineer to join our awesome Product team and ensure we continue to deliver on our promise of providing world class pizza ovens and accessories.
- Be asked to design complex sheet metal, injection molded, and cast parts and their assemblies in Solidworks
- Live our value of innovation, bending the rules of DfM/DfA, to explore new technologies, materials, and processes
- Work on new innovative technologies
- Translate CAD from Industrial Designers into manufacturable parts, sub-assemblies, and assemblies
- Own and deliver high quality DfM CAD and drawing packages
- Bridge the gap between Industrial Design, our Manufacturing Partners, and our in house Test Engineering team
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will be a vital member of our Product team. You will work closely with all the members of our team to guide products through a stage gate design process.
You will work in a very open and collaborative environment; the best idea wins, regardless of role or title. Our product team is ambitious and innovative and always has their foot on the pedal.
- 5+ years of experience in Solidworks including advanced modeling techniques including surface modeling
- 5+ years experience in development and engineering (to manufacture) of consumer products, principally from sheet metal formed via tooled presses.
- A passion for wrestling difficult engineering problems
- A solid theoretical background in engineering principles
- Degree or qualification in Engineering or relevant field
- Experience working with overseas manufacturers
- A proven track record of delivering complex consumer products
- Experience with DFMEA
- A portfolio demonstrating your ability to model and draw in Solidworks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly explain and present design solutions
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Team player, optimistic, solution-driven orientation
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Certified Solidworks Professional
- Solidworks sheet metal tool
- Solidworks FEA simulation
- Solidworks Flow simulation
- Electronic component enclosure design
- Deep draw metal manufacturing
- Sheet metal forming tool design with both mild and stainless steel
- Plastic injection tool design
- Additive and subtractive manufacturing techniques and technologies
- Chartered Engineer
- Go to YouTube and search “We are Ooni”. That wee video pretty much says it all.
The quick version is:
- We make epic pizza ovens that cook awesome pizza in 60 seconds and start from only £249.
- We’re now up to over 300 in the whole team. That was 100 this time last year and only 60 the year before that. And they are all AWESOME human beings - our culture is core to our whole reason for being.
- These are our values: Passion, Rigour, Innovation, Ambition and Kindness. We really do live by them and demand them in everything we do. It ain’t just corporate mumbo jumbo to us. See how they’re capitalised to show how important they are?
- £500 Passion Fund every year to spend on your passion – whatever that may be.
- £1000 to spend on Ooni products each year, plus 50% discount on all other Ooni stuff
- 35 days paid holiday per year
- Great pizza every single day if you want it. Yep. Every single day. And we’ll teach you to become a pizza pro
- Pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, weekly yoga classes (NamastYAY!).
- Raising money for charity – we’re all about giving back… and having lots of fun in the process!
If you like what you see, send in your CV with a cover letter to tell us why you want to come on board. In your cover letter, please talk about your passion for product development and toot your own horn about your experience and contributions. Please also include a link to your portfolio.
Having a fantastic culture is important to all of us at Ooni. We work hard to make it diverse and inclusive and want everyone to have access to the same opportunities. If you would like this advert in a different format or need an alternative method of applying, please let us know. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org