Third Equation Overview:
Third Equation Ltd is a private, investor backed UK company which is developing a platform based on new IP technology solutions for the future energy systems that will accelerate the transition to a carbon-free future.
Third Equation has designed and developed technology which enables control of the electricity network to improve network capacity, manage bidirectional energy flows and maintain a stable system for the integration of distributed energy resources. Adoption will enable the grid transition from passive to a smarter, flexible, resilient system able to more quickly meet climate change targets.
Based in Edinburgh with a global outlook, Third Equation is driving to a vision of making a significant impact on a sustainable energy future.
The Research and Development (R&D) Department is being established to develop and mature a portfolio of Faraday Exchangers to deploy into power grid systems.
As a Senior Control System Design Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Providing specifications for systems and subsystems
- Supporting design information (datatype, sampling rate…)
- System architecture and design of small to mid-sized embedded systems
- System modelling and model design
- Owning the end-to-end system simulation
- Creating tests scenarios to validate model
- Creating and validating the simulation
- Discussing and agreeing interfaces with other engineering disciplines
- 10+ years engineering experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant Engineering required: Electrical, Electronic, Software
- Strong experience in Matlab / Simulink
- Experience in applying Model Base Design
- Requirements capture and management
- Experience in formal methodologies and V-cycle for Systems Engineering
- Experience with Safety Critical Systems
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your name and the vacancy job title in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.