Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centres across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have built the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
A career at Equinix means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
We are looking for a Compliance Manager who will be responsible for UK compliance management and over-seeing implementation, enforcement, and continuous improvement of Equinix’s Operations policies and processes. You will also play a key role in further enhancing culture and awareness of compliance and physical security within our data center environments.
- Mentor and lead the UK compliance team
- Ensure adherence to compliance programs, policies, and processes
- Oversee management and provide guidance to staff on audit findings. Also identify trends in audit findings to address root cause.
- Local/country/regional certification ownership as agreed with Global Operations Compliance team.
- Implements a comprehensive EHS Program for the region in partnership with Global EHS/Operations Compliance.
- Leads compliance governance over data centres in the UK to ensure consistency of global process/policy implementation.
- Is responsible for escalations and overall monitoring of compliance related training.
- Acts as a single point of contact for Global Operations Compliance/Global EHS for any process rollouts and/or issues.
- Ensures 1st line QISBC (Quality, Security, Business Continuity Compliance) and EHS (Environment, Health & Safety Compliance) support is efficiently and consistently provided for assigned sites.
- Leads compliance effort with respect to new and existing local/federal/regulatory requirements and addresses issues and expectations on any regulatory inspections/notices.
- Overall ownership of ensuring implementation and maintenance of Safety requirements (e.g. site inspections, PPE requirements, risk assessments)
- Maintains oversight of Business Continuity related requirements as defined by the global Business Continuity Program Office and the Compliance CoE (2nd line)
- Oversees and owns any Environment compliance requirements including but not limited to –review of relevant EHS permits, compliance to existing permits and plans (e.g. Air, Spill Prevention, Chemical Reporting, etc.)
- Provides compliance SME guidance on customer RFI/RFP/Pre-Sales/Audit/Questionnaire for sites assigned
- Overall management of new site or site expansion integration to Equinix QISBC and EHS standards by working with Compliance COE (2nd line).
Qualifications & Experience
- Extensive experience in leading compliance effort in operating facilities in critical environment and industries such as data center, IT, telecommunication, construction, hospital or other industrial environment
- Knowledge of ISO27001, ISO14001, ISO22301 is necessary.
- Knowledge if ISO45001, ISO9001, SSAE18 SOC1 or SOC2 is desired.
- Compliance audit experience as an internal/external auditor.
- Certified lead auditor for any of the standards is a plus.
- Expertise in EHS and Data Privacy regulatory compliance requirements for sites in scope.
- Solid understanding of Health & Safety, and Environment policy implementation
- Prior experience in managing and developing a team.
- Excellent senior management interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with various cross-functional teams and cultures
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the opportunity to purchase more (pro rata for shift positions)
- Insurance and Health: Life Assurance, Income Protection, Critical Illness Insurance, Private Healthcare, Eye Care Coverage and Gymflex Membership
- Investment: Employee Stock Purchase Plan and Company Pension Plan
- Travel: Cycle to Work Scheme and Annual Season Ticket Loan
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Please apply via: https://careers.equinix.com/jobs/operations-compliance-senior-manager-slough-united-kingdom-2553e5cc-75e8-48ca-bd84-93441a55e7e8