Due to our increasing success and growth, we’re growing our team of enthusiastic experts. We are recruiting for an experienced Senior C++ Development Engineer to join our team.
- The successful candidate will work on the development of our industry-standard Medialon Manager show control software to design and implement new features.
- Provide leadership on assigned projects to ensure engineering and technical execution through established company procedures.
- Lead project teams including coaching and technical direction to meet project deliverables.
- The candidate should have a passion for solving problems and engineering solutions. They should also have a keen eye for detail.
- Become an expert in the use of the product and should have, or be able to rapidly develop, a deep technical understanding of the product, and of our industry.
- Provide support to our System and Support, Production, and Product Management teams to ensure the needs of the business are met.
- Provide technical support to customers in both the UK and abroad, to include system installation and integration and assisting Sales and Marketing teams with new business development projects and general market outreach.
- The ideal candidate is an experienced, creative, proactive and forward-thinking person who can quickly integrate into a team and develop ideas for projects that will enhance our product portfolio.
- Proposing improvements based on their own experience and customer feedback is a natural part of this role also and is something we encourage as a business.
- The successful candidate should be comfortable working alone or as part of a small team, and there will be occasional travel involved to customer sites in the US, UK and abroad. This may include improving or developing product features to meet customer needs, end-user training and sales and demo support.
Mandatory Technical Skills and Experience | The ‘Must-Have’s
Candidates must have more than 5 years’ experience of working on commercial software solutions in all the following areas, with evidence of regular use in the last 6 months an absolute essential:
- Have lead development tasks (technically or operationally) and delivering to deadlines
- C++ knowledge and Experience:
- Deep knowledge of C++ standards, including STL and Boost
- C++ Object Oriented Design Experience
- Practical experience of Modern C++ techniques
- GUI Programming and Design
- Microsoft Windows™ Software Application Development
- Good ability to design & implement with architectural solutions
- A good understanding of mathematics
- Familiarity with unit testing frameworks
- Multithreading experience
- Experience with network protocols / device protocols
- Excellent written, verbal and digital communication skills. You know how to present information in a clear and concise manner that is easily digestible.
- Software version control systems – such as Subversion/GIT
- Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, or equivalent Degree Course
- Valid Passport
Additional Useful Skills | The ‘Helpful to Haves’
- Experience working with Embarcadero C++ Builder and associated libraries
- Cross platform development / compiling experience is a plus
- Hardware interfacing / API usage
- Multimedia, Audio Visual systems and hardware
- In-depth Windows OS and High-Performance PC systems knowledge
- Experience of interfacing with customers or end users
Why Work for Us?
- Competitive salary
- Private healthcare
- 23 days annual holiday (plus 8 English public holidays) rising by 1 day per full year service up to a maximum of 28 days
- Non-contractual profit-sharing scheme (dependent upon revenue/margin targets being met)
- Friendly, dynamic team
- Relaxed but hardworking environment
This position could work from any of the following three office locations:
- 7thSense US Head Office (Detroit)
332 E Lincoln Ave Ste 100, Royal Oak, MI 48067
- 7thSense Florida Office (Orlando)
4207 Vineland Rd., Suite M1, Orlando, FL 32811
- 7thSense UK Head Office
2, The Courtyard, Shoreham Road, Upper Beeding, West Sussex BN44 3TN
For more information, please contact us on: