Rotork is a FTSE 250 British engineering company, the market leading valve actuator manufacturer and flow control company, operating in any market where the flow of liquids, gases or powders needs to be controlled. Our customers rely on us for innovative, high quality engineered products and services, many of which are used in mission-critical applications.
We are embarking on a period of exciting change to significantly grow our business and consolidate our world-wide market leadership position.
Provide a business intelligence development capability, ensuring that the core Rotork BI platform is optimised and in-line with industry best practices and standards as required.
- Design and delivery of business intelligence service(s).
- Ownership of server environments where relevant in line with SLA’s working in coordination with infrastructure function.
- Maintenance of up to date Systems documentation for service(s). This includes Run books, operational documentation, user Guides and training documentation as required.
- Systematic reviews of service(s) as and when required.
- Monthly synchronisation of service(s) if relevant in line with SLA’s.
- Maintenance, enhancement and design of service(s) reports in the applicable reporting tool.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and be accountable for the business intelligence related work of the relevant support and development team.
- Act as a point of escalation for members of the team where relevant.
Required skills and experience:
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or a Data Science equivalent discipline or relevant experience in industry.
- Administration of the Azure (cloud) platform to grant User access and monitor the performance of the overall environment.
- Maintenance of the Data Suite being used on Azure (SQL Server Databases, Azure Analysis Services & Azure Data Factory V2).
- Development of SSIS Packages for net new data sources and maintenance of existing ETL packages.
- Creation of new Data Models and modification of existing Data Models in Azure Analysis Services (SSAS) as per reporting requirements.
- Creation of new Data Visualizations/Reports and modification of existing Visualizations in Power BI as per business requirements.
- Continuous improvement of performance and efficiency of the Rotork business intelligence platform.
- Continuous research on latest industry trends and releases within the data analytics realm.
- Documentation of all current processes and newly added processes and up keeping of Data Dictionary.
- Participating in the development of Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to set expectations and deliver solutions in a timely and effective manner.
- Significant experience in a data and database management role.
- Vastly experienced with SQL development in a Microsoft SQL Server Data Warehouse environment.
- Proficient in developing ETL processes using Microsoft SQL Server SSIS packages.
- Experienced in developing Analysis Models/Cubes using Microsoft SQL Server SSAS packages.
- Prior working knowledge on cloud based environments (preferably with Microsoft Azure).
- Well versed in the PowerBI data visualisation toolset.
- Capable of understanding and developing in C# and DAX.
- Analytical thinker – resolve problems with a strong focus on attention to detail.
- Stakeholder management – engage and motivate others. Customer and business focused at all times.
- Adaptable – cope with the unexpected, manage problems.
- Strong decision making ability - make decisions quickly in a crisis situation.
- Communication – excellent listening plus written and spoken skills. Empathise and understand different cultures.
- Organisation – self motivated with good time management skills to manage own workload.
To apply for this position please send your CV & Cover letter to Yoshi Danily at email@example.com.