The Dyson Institute’s mission is simple: to build challenging and enriching educational experiences which are free, student-centric and aligned with the needs of industry.
Our model is unique: we’re currently delivering one programme – a BEng (Hons) Degree Apprenticeship in Engineering. The programme is delivered entirely on the Dyson campus in Malmesbury. We’re determined to embrace best practice for quality in learning and teaching, to provide proactive, tailored health and wellbeing support and to rigorously uphold academic standards. We are pioneers developing a non-traditional programme of engineering knowledge, workplace application and professional development.
About the role
Reporting to the Regulatory Affairs Manager, the Apprenticeships Compliance Officer will be responsible for monitoring The Dyson Institute’s compliance with the ESFA’s apprenticeship funding rules and ensuring that The Dyson Institute is prepared for ESFA audits, as well as for Ofsted reviews of its apprenticeship provision.
As well as providing advice and guidance tailored for our context, you will actively participate in The Dyson Institute’s provision, both supporting and in leading packages of work to address any gaps or to improve existing provision.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the development of The Dyson Institute’s response to Ofsted requirements for the quality assurance of degree apprenticeships
- Monitoring The Dyson Institute’s approach to Ofsted expectations
- Maintaining up to date knowledge on apprenticeship compliance requirements and communicating changes to relevant stakeholders
- Monitoring The Dyson Institute’s compliance with the ESFA apprenticeship funding rules
- Mapping the evidence that The Dyson Institute is required to maintain as part of its ESFA evidence pack, including the identification of when the evidence is gathered and implementing an appropriate approach to its storage and maintenance
- Reviewing the evidence packs maintained by The Dyson Institute and ensuring their compliance
- Engaging in horizon scanning and making sure that key stakeholders are aware of policy developments in the field of technical education
- Highlighting risk in relation to The Dyson Institute’s compliance with apprenticeship requirements
- Working in partnership with the Apprenticeships Manager to ensure the compliant delivery of the apprenticeship programme
- Providing advice, guidance and support to Dyson Institute staff in relation to the delivery high-quality apprenticeship provision
- Developing and implementing internal apprenticeship compliance audits
- Assuring the integrity of FE statutory returns.
You’ll work in The Dyson Institute’s offices on the Dyson Technology Campus in Malmesbury, Wiltshire.
- Up to date knowledge of Ofsted requirements, particularly in relation to their approach to Level 6 (degree) apprenticeships
- Up to date knowledge of ESFA apprenticeship funding rules
- Knowledge of the quality assurance requirements for degree apprenticeships
- Knowledge of the Individualised Learner Record (ILR)
- Demonstrable experience of assuring apprenticeship compliance
- Experience of internal audit processes
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent ability to collaborate
- Attention to detail
- Able to assimilate and understand complex information, and make it understandable to relevant stakeholders
- Comfortable with change and able to quickly adapt to new circumstances
- A proactive approach and a desire to work in a fast paced, people focused team environment.
- Experience of supporting an organisation through an Ofsted review
- Established networks with other apprenticeship providers, particularly those delivering degree apprenticeships
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines