Do you want to solve global energy challenges for future generations?
At Aker Solutions we are committed to helping the energy industry and broader society #PowerTheChange towards a low-carbon future. We are changemakers and problem solvers with more than 180 years of experience. Our ambitions are high. By 2030, renewables and low-carbon solutions for oil and gas will make up two-thirds of our business. Do you want to be a part of driving the transition?
Our Mechanical Department in Fornebu is now looking for a Rotating Equipment Specialist.
We are specialists in managing large projects from feasibility studies and conceptual engineering, through FEED and detailed engineering.
Engineering is executing major projects across the globe in both oil and gas and renewables sector. This includes Norway’s ground-breaking Brevik carbon capture project, as well as delivering engineering and design for Northern Lights, the world’s first CO₂ storage facility on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. Further, we are studying the design and delivery of hydrogen and ammonia projects.
As part of a strategic alliance, we are also working on a large digitalization project as part of the development of the NOA oil and gas field offshore Norway, whilst pioneering new digital solutions to make operations safer and more efficient.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for heavy rotating equipment in all phases of projects (studies, FEED's and execution) which includes the following tasks:
- Evaluating rotating equipment technology
- Equipment selection and configuration
- Writing specifications
- Act as package responsible engineer (PRE) for large gas compressors, generators, gas turbines, turbo expanders, incl. bid evaluation, supplier coordination and follow-up, coordination of internal disciplines, interaction with procurement and client, testing, and mechanical completion activities
We think you should have:
- BSc or MSc’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant Engineering areas
- At least 10 years versatile and extensive experience with heavy rotating equipment (large gas compressors, generators, turbines, turbo expanders) in the oil and gas industry, preferably in offshore upstream projects
- Good knowledge of relevant international standards, client standards and preferably NORSOK standards
- Multidiscipline understanding
- Experience from early phase / study project is an advantage
- Good communication skills and proactive approach are required
More reasons to work with us:
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Healthy work-life balance
- Fantastic office building with onsite canteen
- Immediate proximity to public transport, restaurants, and shopping
- Free gym membership at state-of the art training facilities
- Excellent health services provided by Aker Care
For more information about the position, please contact: Magdalena Peczek, NES Advantage Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org