Apply for this job here - https://highresbio.com/careers/
We are searching for a Robotics Automation Engineer at our European headquarters in Manchester, UK to lead various implementations of our robotic systems. The expectation is that you are a curious individual and fast learner, you're able to work independently, as well as work cross-functionally internally as well as with a customer. The ideal candidate will be able to grow with the company and take on additional leadership and/or responsibilities over time.
This is an exciting opportunity to have a real impact on the development of our automation platform. You will work with multiple teams as a small project team to configure robotic systems to meet customer installation specifications and then travel to that customer site to own finishing setup and customer training. You'll be the face of HighRes on-site with our clients for testing and training so polished, professional communication is essential! This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking for an above average entry level role or someone passionate about the intersection of life sciences and robotics. Though some work can and will be encouraged to be completed at home, there will be some work performed in-office as well as significant travel (up to 40%+ which is roughly 100 nights per year)! Current Driver’s License, Passport, and personal transportation are required.
Over the course of the next year, you will be trained and aligned to projects that will help you become capable and confident in performing the following:
- Improve human health through life science robotics
- Write, debug, and deploy code for integrating laboratory automation devices
- Configure relational databases for laboratory scheduling software
- Interface with and train customers when on-site for deployment on anything from robotic arms to room-scale systems
- Deploy laboratory automation solutions, software, and affiliated devices while working with various teams to troubleshoot field issues
- Execute Factory and Site Acceptance testing of robotics systems
- Contribute to documentation and continuous improvement of our deployment process
You will learn a lot while with your teammates and working in the field, however, your overall success will be greatly increased if you have many of the skills and attributes listed below:
- BS in a technical discipline, with emphasis on computer science and robotics
- A passion for automation
- Ability and interest in basic software development
- Basic proficiency in C#, Java, Python, or other Object Oriented Languages
- Understand of and/or experience with robotic arms
- Experience in customer service, deployment engineering, or bio / pharmaceutical labs
- Ability to write tools and scripts to automate repetitive tasks
- Experience recording logs and information on software bugs
- Familiarity with networking (TCP/IP), or Serial Communications
- Basic mechanical and electrical repair skills. Are you a “tinkerer”?
- Organization and time management skills and the ability to adapt to fluctuating workloads and customer expectations