At Cummins, we recognize the decision to come back into your desired career after an extended career break can be intimidating. We value your diverse background, education, and experience and believe that we can help Power Your Potential as you make the return
RePower, our return-to-work program, is designed specifically for candidates like you: people who have professional work experience and an employment gap of 2 years for a variety of reasons and are now ready to return to the workforce. The program supports re-engagement of skills – through fulfilling work assignments; training, coaching, and development; and a sense of community and networking that cohorts provide.
Our six-month Hybrid, paid, and benefitted returnship is an opportunity to use your specialist expertise, interests, and abilities on meaningful projects. Successful participants may be eligible for full-time employment opportunities upon completion of the program.
We are excited to get to know you and learn more about what powers you.
For Program Overview visit:
We are looking for an enthusiastic RePower Program Powertrain Integration Specialist to join our Machine Integration team specialising in mechanical, electronic and performance related integration for heavy machine / vehicle powertrains within our Engine Business Unit in Darlington UK / Your remote home office. During your placement with us, you will learn how a major global organization operates, gaining the tools and exposure you will need to become an expert in the industry and power your potential!
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Lead powertrain optimisation projects for On and Off highway market segments in support of current product and new development programs.
• Work with internal and external partners and stakeholders across a wide range of project types and applications to deliver powertrain engineering solutions.
• Navigate new, unique, or difficult technical challenges to deliver exceptional vehicles using your skills in systems integration and problem solving.
• Work cross functionally, with both Cummins and Client stakeholders to communicate technical information.
• Leverage data analysis tools and processes to provide reports and updates across the stakeholder community.
• Growing technical knowledge in new areas.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• Ability to clearly communicate the appropriate level of technical information/issues/proposals with your peers, management, and OEM partners. The ability to consider both technical and commercial context is also important.
• Experience of analysing data collected from complex electro-mechanical systems for troubleshooting, validation, or performance optimisation purposes.
• Experience of working with data collection from CAN or similar serial datalinks; experience with data analysis tools such as Matlab, Concerto, CANape, CANalyzer or similar.
• System engineering experience: Ability to translate between domains and be a ‘systems thinker’. Candidates who are highly skilled at translating observations made at various levels of integration into the impact at another level.
• Degree educated within an Engineering or equivalent technical discipline.