Ramboll is a global engineering, architecture and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945.
Our 16,000 experts create sustainable solutions across Buildings; Transport; Water; Environment & Health; Architecture, Landscape & Urbanism; Energy and Management Consulting.
We partner with our clients to create sustainable societies where people and nature flourish. With our unique combination of technical excellence and socio-economic insights we deliver enduring structures, resource-efficient solutions and socially cohesive communities for today and tomorrow.
We are a unique organisation that is not owned by shareholders. The Ramboll Foundation is the main owner of Ramboll Group. The Foundations purpose is to own and support Ramboll Group A/S and to ensure the financial and commercial continuance and development of Ramboll Group A/S and its affiliated companies or associates in such a way that as many employees as possible can experience an exciting and inspiring workplace in a long-term perspective.
This underpinning commitment allows us to truly focus on our people and providing a great place to work.
Why we’ve launched a Return to Work programme
We believe that our business will only succeed through having talented people. We recognise that many extremely talented people will at some stage pause their careers and we want to create new opportunities for this talent pool to reignite their careers and join our organisation. We’ve partnered with Inclusivity to create a programme that will offer you full support to get yourself back up to speed in a friendly and welcoming environment.
Why choose Ramboll to reignite your career
At Ramboll we truly believe in creating and embracing an inclusive culture, we value diversity and encourage individuals to be themselves where knowledge sharing and learning together is part of our collective journey. Underpinned by our strong values and ethics, our workplace allows everyone to develop, innovate, create and flourish to deliver outstanding consultancy services to our clients.
We strive to support all colleagues throughout their life and provide an extensive array of benefits to support families, employee and family health and wellbeing, flexible/dynamic working with strongly established networking groups. To be truly family friendly we recognise not all people will want to return to their careers on a full-time basis. This is why we are incredibly welcoming of those seeking both part-time and full-time returner opportunities.
Who is the Returner programme for
Returner opportunities are available to those who have been on a career break of 18+ months from the time of application. We will also consider those who have had part-time work that has been non-career related and who are looking to reignite their professional career.
How does the programme work
The Returners programme starts on Monday 10th January 2022 and lasts for six months until Friday 8th July 2022. You’ll be part of a cohort of fellow returners. These paid opportunities will give you the opportunity to put to use your past career expertise and to bring yourself back up to speed with the current market. As a fixed-term employee of the firm you will be eligible for benefits and holiday leave. Whilst there is no guarantee, it is the goal of the programme that you will be able to secure a permanent position at the end of the six months. Opportunities are available for those seeking full-time work and also part-time. In some situations candidates may be offered to start sooner, should that be of interest, and match business needs.
Support on Offer
Throughout the programme you will be supported by Inclusivity, who are return to work specialists.
- They will conduct first interviews for us. They will ensure you feel supported and relaxed to be able to perform well in interview and also work with you to prepare your best CV to move forward with.
- Prior to your week one you will join the cohort for pre-commencement training. This session is designed to place you in a position for a confident day 1, equipping you with the knowledge and insights on how to take control of your own success.
- Also prior to week one, Inclusivity will deliver a training session with your line manager on how to best support a career returner, particularly in the early months.
- During the programme you will receive 3 one to one coaching sessions with Inclusivity’s specialist return to work coaches. These sessions are designed to support you on an individual basis and to address any personal needs you may have.
- During the programme we will supply you with a buddy and an internal mentor
- And finally, you will be a part of a fabulous cohort of returners who will offer you support and friendship as you all embark on this new stage of your careers.
What opportunities exist:
The programme is seeking expressions of interest from people with the following backgrounds:
- Civil, structural or mechanical engineering backgrounds
- Project management backgrounds within construction or engineering
- Renewable energy consulting
- Energy strategy
- Offshore wind consulting / project management / engineering / design management
Inclusivity will review all applications and contact potential candidates to arrange an initial interview.
Please note interviews are conducted on a rolling basis as applications come in. Please try not to leave your application to the last few days.
To apply for any role in the programme you will need to:
- Have taken a career break of at least 18+ months from the time of application
- Have a keen interest in returning to work
- Be able to undertake the role from January 2022 to July 2022
- Demonstrate previous experience in a similar field with the required listed opportunity areas
- Provide evidence of right to work in the United Kingdom
- Be able to work for 3, 4 or 5 days per week
Applications close on Friday 26th November.
Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org