WHAT WE’RE DOING
We’re on a mission to build the UK's finest digital infrastructure and accelerate its full fibre future - transforming the way we live, work and communicate.
With 8 million homes and businesses to connect in our sights, and a £4bn investment programme to make it happen, we have a busy and exciting journey ahead.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
We expect a lot from our team, but we also want everyone to feel supported and empowered in helping us deliver our mission. That's why we make sure to provide opportunities for you to learn, develop your career, use your talents, and fulfil your potential.
With a salary of £30,000 - £45,000 depending on experience, you’ll also get benefits like 25 days holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
We want everyone to know – and feel – that CityFibre is a place where we can be ourselves, with all the things that make us similar and different. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Our Quantity Surveyors play a vital role in delivering digital infrastructure across the UK by building strong, collaborative relationships with our build partners and teams, ensuring a smooth process and maximum quality across every build. Working as part of our Supply Chain division, you will focus on either one city or multiple cities, managing the commercial resources of your assigned build, mitigating risks, maintaining relationships and ultimately, protecting CityFibre both contractually and commercially. You’ll also;
- Value contractors’ work and certify interim and final payments
- Assess and authorise submission of project variations
- Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks through implementing our policies for risk management
- Provide commercial and contractual expertise to city build teams, including producing valuation certification, issuing correspondence, claims, budget monitoring and producing contract/workstream performance data
- Building and maintaining contractual relationships with build partners
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
Quantity Surveyors are key players when it comes to commercial and contractual decisions, so you’ll need solid experience in commercial management and procuring contractors, working knowledge of NEC3 ECC forms plus;
- The ability to negotiate with suppliers and partners
- Experience with using spreadsheets to interpret and collate financial data
- Presentation and report writing skills
- HNC/HND level education, or equivalent
- Ideally, a background in telecoms, civil engineering or utilities
The CityFibre Way is how we think, act and work. It’s our way of doing things. We back each other, think smart and act fast, and we love giving it our best to build a legacy together. When these four behaviours come together, they shape our culture to bring out the best in us, set us apart from our competition, and make our customers remember us.
It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity to unleash Britain’s potential in a digital age. There’s never been a more exciting time to join the team!
To apply, please click here.