Quality Engineer: 071813
Sector: Construction Products
Company: British Gypsum
Function: Distribution Operations
County: North Yorkshire
British Gypsum based locally at Sherburn In Elmet near Leeds has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer within its Technical Production Department.
Saint-Gobain Gypsum Activity is the world’s leading manufacturer and supplier of sustainable, innovative, lightweight interior building systems. With over 100 years of experience, the activity operates 75 gypsum quarries, and 135 industrial sites worldwide. Located in over 50 countries and spanning 5 continents, Saint-Gobain Gypsum Activity has a large international presence with a strong local focus. This vacancy is working for British Gypsum – part of the Saint-Gobain group and the UK's leading manufacturer of plasterboard and plaster-based drylining systems and products.
In Saint-Gobain, each woman and man is able to build a career without boundaries in a genuine and ambitious group. At British Gypsum we’re proud to support this promise and offer our people a world of opportunity, all the challenge they’ll ever need and colleagues with great pride in what they’re a part of.
For this role, it’s essential that you have an absolute commitment to your own and others' health and safety, whilst ensuring that everything you do is carried out to the highest possible standard
- Drive forward our agenda to continuously improve our EHS performance, whilst leading safety engagement with the lab team and improving overall behavioural safety across the site.
- Manage and deploy the World Class Manufacturing Quality & Process Control Methodology across multi-functional site teams, and participate in bimonthly meetings
- Manage the site laboratory and its team, ensuring testing is done in accordance with the company standard methods.
- Actively work with Departmental Managers, Process Engineers and Professional Engineering teams on improving production performance KPI’s by focussing on the key areas of Customer Complaints, Supplier Compliance, Process Stops and out of specification product.
- Take an active role in New Product Development projects.
- Support Internal and External Quality Audits, to ensure ISO 9001 Compliance.
- Support Process Teams with process variation reduction, by using statistical process control and by applying standardization to enhance product quality assurance.
- Direct Site in performing interpretation of specifications and quality characteristics through to quality planning, inspection and test.
- Undertake all tasks in an efficient and safe manner meeting within H&S legislation, company policy and Management rules.
- Protect the customer by ensuring site adherence and development of the Product Quality Control Plan.
Experience / Qualifications
This is a perfect opportunity for either an existing quality Engineer or established quality practitioner or of a similar background and experience who is looking to develop into a professional role within a well-established company. Degree qualified in an Engineering Discipline, or preferably a Science background.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Makis Foros
Closing date for applications: 28th Sep 2018.