Swytch is changing the way we move. We fundamentally believe that transport shouldn't cost the Earth - so we've made it our mission to make electric transport accessible to everybody.
Since launching in 2017 we have reached over 20,000 customers, across 50 countries who have collectively ridden over 1 million miles! Since then we have raised over $1.4M to scale our operations and secured a $400K Innovate UK grant to develop a next-generation hybrid eBike system for the future of shared electric vehicles.
Founded by Engineers and cycling enthusiasts Oliver Montague and Dmitro Khroma, Swytch is a close-knit team dedicated to creating low carbon transport solutions which are fun to use and good for the planet. We’re now growing our team to keep up with the unprecedented demand for our technology, and to help us lead the electric transport revolution.
The Manufacturing Team
Swytch manages all of its Manufacturing in-house. We have a small, expert team of Engineers between London and China who manage every step of the process. We coordinate parts and manage quality across a supply chain of over 30 factories and have successfully produced and shipped over 20,000 eBike kits to customers.
As our orders grow with the unprecedented demand for our products, so must our ability to reliably produce high quality kits on time and budget. We also have a vision to innovate in new and ambitious product areas such as complete electric bikes which will require a whole new supply chain to enable it.
To achieve our vision, we are growing our manufacturing team of talented engineers and managers.
We are looking for problem solvers, disrupters, and innovators with first class skills in design and technology. You will be working alongside our co-founder and CTO Dmitro and be in close touch with our Marketing, R&D and Service departments for a clear view of how your innovations impact our customers and company success.
We are looking for a Mid-level Quality Engineer to join the Manufacturing team. The opportunity is to join a fast growing, data centred, young tech startup at the very beginning of its technology strategy roadmap. You will be our first full-time in-house Quality Engineer and influential in building our future department.
You will ultimately be responsible for the quality of all our R&D and Manufacturing deliverables. Your day to day will range wildly between assembling and testing new samples from our overseas supply chain, verifying our internal R&D hardware prototypes meet quality standards, checking our code is rigorously tested before release, and much more. You will be in daily contact with our on-the-ground quality team in China, who will report directly to you. They are your eyes and ears for all our factory and supplier outputs, and through them you will be able to remotely quality control our entire supply chain. When circumstances permit, your role will also include business trips to our supply chain in China.
You will carry out hands-on investigations over any new defective products we have returned by our customers, establish a short and long-term solution, verify these solutions are effective and then communicate this to our supply chain. Your time will be split between hands-on detailed work and high-level strategy and planning. As we grow you will ultimately grow your own internal team of Quality and Manufacturing engineers.
This role will give you the opportunity to own your own work while being guided by our senior team. A generalist skill set is key to success.
- Planning and executing a detailed quality assurance plan for our factory and entire overseas supply chain
- Testing and validation of new R&D prototypes and software
- Managing product quality as we ramp up from R&D to mass manufacture of a new design
- Hands-on testing and validation of new samples that we receive from our suppliers
- Version tracking and compatibility testing between different iterations of our design
- Testing and root-cause analysis of defect returns we receive from customers
- Regular technical communication between technical customer service, manufacturing, supply chain and order management.
- Designing SOPs and test procedures to be followed by our internal team and supplier partners
- Regular communication with our China technical team
- Laying the groundwork for our organisation to move towards ISO 9001 certification (QMS)
- A MEng in a relevant Engineering field.
- At least three years’ work experience in industry at an engineering company or consultancy that designs and makes hardware products.
- Good working knowledge of QC processes e.g. Root Cause Analysis, 5S, 8D, Ishikawa, 5Whys.
- Proficient in 2D and 3D CAD packages, preferably Solidworks.
- Excellent hands-on workshop skills to be able to effectively set up test rigs and QC processes.
- Experience working in consumer electronics hardware products with complex multidisciplinary teams and requirements with a broad understanding of other engineering disciplines.
- Wide and detailed knowledge of a range of electrical and mechanical manufacturing processes including Plastic Injection Moulding, Sheet Metal Forming, PCBA.
- The ability to work independently, and efficiently.
- An excellent problem-solving mindset.
- A love of data and the proven ability to support your decisions with evidence.
- Experience setting up and running an MRP system is a plus.
- Unparalleled opportunity to develop your career rapidly through exposure to all company areas in a flat structured start-up.
- Covid allowing, come sit in our office in East London and enjoy a daily free lunch. This role also allows for home working a couple of days a week, work load permitting.
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- A free Swytch Conversion Kit - so you can join our electric cycling revolution!
- Electric Penny Farthing Lessons.
- Financial support to help set up your home working space.
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we embrace our differences – if in doubt just apply!
If you want to help lead the electric transport revolution,