RWC and our family of brands develop safe, sustainable, and efficient solutions through a range of engineered and innovative products for plumbing and heating, smart homes and specialist industries around the world.
We offer a complete range of pipes, fittings, and valves to help our customers deliver, control, optimise and solve in innovative, reliable, and simple ways every day.
We are proud to be the world’s largest manufacturer of push-fit plumbing products and valves for specialist water control.
At RWC, you will see a reflection of the shared beliefs, sheer dedication and focused ethics of every single member of our team. There are no barriers and no dividers.
We’re an open company with an open culture to match, encouraging company-wide conversations and listening to everyone’s opinions to help us shape a better world.
We constantly strive to develop fresh ideas to keep people safe, efficient and comfortable. Inspired to succeed, our teams across the globe share the same goal – to develop world-leading solutions underpinned by our SPIRIT: Simplicity, Passion, Innovation, Reliability, Integrity, Together as one team. That is why we are at the forefront of shaping a better world, today and tomorrow.
We are happy to announce our new job opening for the position of Quality Engineer, who will be mainly responsible for monitoring and improving the quality of our operational processes and outputs.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Comply with all current work instructions within the organisation
- Comply fully with all current HSE regulations in operation within the company
- Carry out any reasonable task which falls within your capabilities
- Investigating, troubleshooting and answering customer complaints.
- Defining / implementing corrective actions.
- Acting as a liaison between customer and supplier for faults with non-JG products.
- Supplier performance and development.
- Conducting internal audits, including raising non-conformities.
- Member of the continuous improvement team.
- Assistance to manufacturing departments in resolving concerns.
- Investigation of any concern which may affect the quality of the product and recommend corrective actions.
- Any dimensional / process / procedural check as required.
- Member of APQP team, as required.
- Member of process FMEA team, as required.
- Member of 8D team, as required.
Preparation and maintenance of quality support documentation. Eg QCP, flow charts, QA plans, works procedures and manufacturing instructions
- The ideal candidate will have a manufacturing/ quality background and be able to demonstrate a track record of concerns investigation and successful corrective actions implementation
- The Quality Engineer will need to be a strong fit from a personality and values perspective and be able to demonstrate a collaborative drive with a keen interest in challenges and drive change in the organization.
- The ideal candidate will need strong interpersonal skills to ensure clear lines of communication between individuals on the shop floor, the Management Team, and customers.
Qualifications & Skills
- Ideally educated to degree level in Mechanics, Quality, industrial or Materials
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 standard and requirements
- Internal audit knowledge is desired
- Manufacturing experience, ideally within injection moulding.
- Able to demonstrate strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
- Knowledge of problem-solving methodologies such as 8D, 5Why, Fishbone diagrams
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Collaboration and Influencing
- Excellent communicator with strong influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative team player with the ability to integrate across functional boundaries.
- Ability to challenge the status quo while maintaining a spirit of teamwork and camaraderie with superiors, peers and team members alike.
- Strategic Orientation
- Have a forward-thinking perspective.
- Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Ability to work under tight schedules
- Analysis/Critical thinking/Problem-solving skills
- Results Orientation
- Attention to detail
- Pace and urgency in implementing corrective actions
- Awareness of the business benefits and cost-effectiveness of CI projects
- A competitive salary
- 25 holiday depending on the role shift pattern
- Flexible holiday buy/sell scheme
- Recognition and reward scheme
- Internal and external learning and development
- On site Café (West Drayton site)
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Cycle to Work & Tech Scheme
- Discounted gym membership (selected providers)
RWC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. RWC celebrates diversity, employment is based solely on qualifications and competence for a particular position, without regard, on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all employees.
Your information will be kept confidential according to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)