Project Leader / Senior Project Leader
Friction & Forge Processes (FFP) Section
An enthusiastic project leader/engineer sought to join the busy Friction and Forge Processes Section in Abington, Cambridge. The Friction & Forge Processes (FFP) team delivers a wide range of challenging R&D projects for customers across all industrial sectors.
The successful candidate can expect to work on a variety of technical research projects and business development activities, covering a range of joining processes, including Linear Friction Welding, Friction Stir Welding, Rotary Friction Welding and Friction Stir Spot Welding. A strong technical background in delivering engineering or materials science projects is most desirable. So too is your experience in creating and applying innovation.
This role involves liaising with prestigious companies and at events throughout the world. Excellent communication skills are therefore required and applicants must be willing to travel.
• Candidates will be expected to demonstrate the following attributes:
• Strong technical background in applied engineering, materials science or related topics.
• At least three years’ experience in a relevant engineering environment.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Team-member mentality and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to assume responsibility and work with limited timeframes and supervision.
• Aptitude for building business relationships and seeking opportunities.
Desirable attributes also include:
• Specific experience in working with friction joining technologies
• An appreciation of metallurgy and thermal effects
TWI’s FFP section has an international reputation for technical excellence, innovation and achievement, and an unrivalled range of research equipment and facilities. This varied and challenging role offers an opportunity to work with one of the World’s leading R&D organisations, on projects of international significance.
Closing Date: 15th October 2018
Job Profile: Project Leader / Senior Project Leader, Technology
To find out more about TWI and our corporate culture please visit our website:
To apply, please click on the link below: