RWDI is a global engineering consulting firm, bringing our wide range of experience and skills together to develop a better, holistic solution for our clients. We share a fundamental dedication to earning the trust and exceeding expectations of our clients.
RWDI is seeking a dynamic individual for the Milton Keynes office to work as Project Engineer, with a primary focus on Stack Effect and Building Performance.
This is an entry level opportunity or for those with 1-2 years experience.
This role includes but is not limited to:
- Joining the stack effect group (part of the Engineering team) and working closely with senior staff in the group. Most of your project work will involve modelling and reporting on the internal building physics and fluid flow within tall buildings, as well as assisting senior staff with development tasks.
- Planning and coordinating all technical aspects of assigned projects.
- Solving challenging fluid flow design problems in consultation with engineering, architectural and industrial clients.
- Conducting fluid flow modelling, data collection, analysis, post-processing, interpretation, and documentation of engineering results.
- Consulting with and answering technical questions from engineers and architects.
- Writing technical project reports that present the methodology, results and recommendations.
- Providing advice on technical problems and following the appropriate QA/QC procedures.
- Working under the general supervision of senior staff with considerable latitude for the exercise of independent judgement.
We are accepting applications from candidates with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Civil, Mechanical, Structural, Aerospace Engineering, Maths or Architecture a related technical discipline.
- A strong understanding of the fundamental physics of fluid flow, heat and mass.
- Demonstrated initiative, independent problem-solving methods/capabilities, exceptional coordination and consultation skills.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced consulting environment to provide practical solutions with minimal supervision, while multi-tasking to meet deadlines.
- Advanced writing skills including experience preparing consultative reports.
- Experience creating simplified models in order to simulate complex systems.
- Experience interpreting and working with architectural, structural, or mechanical drawings.
- Strong people and team skills as well as highly motivated. Can work remotely with clients and internal teams across multiple time zones.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following experiences:
- Knowledge of curtain wall, fenestration, or HVAC systems in residential or commercial applications.
- A knowledge of HVAC systems and ASHRAE standards.
- Advanced level Microsoft Excel capabilities.
- Programming/scripting experience (Python, C#, VBA, C++).
- Experience using CAD software packages.
- Experience with building simulation software (CONTAM, IES, Energy Plus).
- Experience working within open source operating systems (Linux).
- Professional work experience.
Salary: 27,000-29,000 GBP
Please apply via our website at: https://rwdi.com/en_ca/people/careers
Thank you in advance for your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
RWDI endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion.