We have an new and exciting opportunity to be a member of the Programme Chief Engineers organisation, your key activities in this role will be to:
• Be the engineering representative in the programme team
• Ensure technical authority for the program(s) is in place
• Ensure technical interface with customers (Airframers, MROs, Airlines..)
• Liaise with other operational functions for all technical aspects internally to Safran LS
organisation: Programme, Production, Purchasing, Customer Support, Quality
During the development phase of the programme you would be involved in:
• Conducting design, development, industrialisation and qualification of landing gear structures and systems to meet performance, costs (NRC & RC on a standard basis that has to defined and agreed with the program manager) and schedule objectives.
For activity dealing with the fleet in-service you would be involved in:
• Managing design modifications resulting from customer changes, maturity issues encountered in service or in production as well as actions needed for cost reductions.
• Defining and implementing all action plans ensuring airworthiness.
• Managing configuration
• Ensuring that non conformities and repair activities are addressed in accordance with Safran LS performance commitments and needs
• Implementing all action plans ensuring Products Improvement.
• Ensuring Programme performance on Repairs process.
Candidate skills & requirements
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate competence in the following areas:
- Mechanical – Systems engineering
- Product knowledge
- Certification & Airworthiness requirements
- Aeronautical systems
- Aircraft specifications
- Company procedures and processes
- Programme and Project-management skills
- Communication skills
- Customer mindset
- People Management skills
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://www.safran-group.com/job/gloucester/programme-chief-engineer/76129