You’ll be responsible for ensuring the smooth flow of work to the shop-floor, in accordance with customer and budget requirements and to continually review our up and downstream material flows to improve productivity and customer service levels.
Rotork is a FTSE 250 British engineering company, the market leading valve actuator manufacturer and flow control company, operating in any market where the flow of liquids, gases or powders needs to be controlled. Our customers rely on us for innovative, high quality engineered products and services, many of which are used in mission-critical applications.
We are embarking on a period of exciting change to significantly grow our business and consolidate our world-wide market leadership position.
Purpose of the Job:
To ensure the smooth flow of work to the shop-floor, in accordance with customer and budget requirements. To continually review our up and downstream material flows to improve productivity and customer service levels.
Key Responsibilities and Outcomes:
- Daily OTD and backlog animation
- First point of contact for customer shortage / expedite requests
- Lead the S&OP process and executes the product life cycle changes.
- Leads the Master Production Schedule process by analysing needs and proposing necessary resource adjustments.
- Dimension internal and external resources required to achieve OTD target and ensure customer satisfaction
- Leadership of scheduling (production planning/launching/scheduling)
- Defining and continually improving downstream supply-chain parameters (stocking/manufacturing policies, lead-time, order quantity)
- Lead and keep current the plant Value Stream Map
- Lead the deployment of Making Materials Flow concepts (pull lineside replenishment, supermarkets, Kanban)
- Implement visual queue management planning techniques (infinite capacity planning) and build capacity flex plan with Production
Qualifications & Technical knowledge:
- Degree or Higher – Manufacturing Engineering / Operations Management
- Lean – Equivalent to certified Greenbelt.
- 6-Sigma Greenbelt trained
- Have previous experience in a similar position.
- Significant experience and in-depth knowledge of ERP systems.
- Good level of competence with Microsoft Office products.
- Familiar with Microsoft Dynamics AX / 365
- APICS certified
- Good attention to detail
- Strong organisation skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Self-motivated with a desire to introduce new working methods.
- Good communicator at all levels with the business.
- Must work well within a multi team environment.
To apply for this position please send your CV & Cover letter to Yoshi Danily at firstname.lastname@example.org.