We are looking for our next rising star in Operations to join our team at our Chatham site. As Production Manager, you will lead, manage and continually develop the production teams in the achievement of functional objectives that support the Site/Plant and Company Business Plan. Working closely with the engineering, service and logistics teams to continuously improve site overall effectiveness ensuring utilisation of production facilities, people development and a lean culture.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is keen to develop and progress within their career to join a Global market leading organisation, which truly invests in its' people.
- Effectively plan, organise and coordinate resources in order to achieve on time in full (OTIF) deliveries, whilst maintaining high quality standards
- Ensure productivity, cost effectiveness, quality and service in the production process of all lines.
- Lead, manage, coach and develop your team members to achieve their maximum potential
- Lead on continuous improvement projects, striving for operational excellence, efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure compliance with quality standards and requirements, analysing the results and ensuring corrective action is implemented to continuously improve the working environment.
- Liaise and work with other departments to ensure any issues are resolved as quickly as possible.
- Act as a leader in delivering against our environment responsibility targets, constantly seeking ways to improve our environmental impact e.g. through reduction in energy usage, improving efficiencies etc.,
- Work with the GM to develop strategic plans for all operational activity and capital requests.
Our ideal candidate is someone who;
- Is educated to degree level or equivalent and/or a proven track record from a lean manufacturing/process industry.
- Has proven experience of implementing continuous improvement programmes.
- Can demonstrate experience within production, manufacturing or supply chain.
- Is experienced in leading and managing others
- Good attention to detail and the ability to analyse data and interpret the information effectively to continuously improve the department and/or team.
- Experience Lean (Six Sigma) methodologies is desirable
- Working knowledge of quality systems such as ISO 9001, 13485, LSAS & MDD93/42/EEC is also desirable
What's on offer?
- £40,000-45,000 per annum
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Company bonus scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Life assurance
- Company pension
- 33 days A/L (incl. bank holidays)
To apply, please send your CV to Holly Rankin: email@example.com