Ace Aquatec is a fast-growing Scottish company that develops new technologies designed to accelerate the adoption of responsible marine practices in the aquaculture, commercial fishing and offshore industries.
We’ve doubled revenue over the last two years, won the Queen’s Award for Enterprise Innovation, and are expanding our team to support continued international growth.
In this role you will contribute to our success by taking a hands-on role in everything from concept development and testing through to installations and maintenance.
You will work with a variety of products, including in-water electric stunners, acoustic and electric predator deterrents, 3D biomass cameras, and sea lice removal systems.
The ideal candidate will have a broad skillset including agricultural, mechanical and electrical engineering; technical CAD drawing; and product development.
Experience of the aquaculture, agriculture, marine or offshore industries would be beneficial but is not essential.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Product R&D from conceptual stages through to commercial production.
- Installation and maintenance of our electric stunning systems
- Product testing and fault investigation.
- Production and maintenance of design documentation.
- 3D CAD drawings to support sales proposals
- Collaborate with our product development partners
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent experience in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Mechanical design, including knowledge of 3D CAD systems.
- Electrical engineering
- Experience of aquaculture and/or offshore environments
- Willingness to travel and work away from home.
You’ll fit in well if you’re...
- Self-motivated but know when to ask for support
- Enthusiastic to take ownership of issues
- Stimulated by problem-solving and finding better ways of working
- Ambitious about growing and taking on more responsibility as the company grows
You will be based in our bright modern office at Dundee's City Quay. It’s an office based role but regular travel will be required and we are open to flexible working arrangements.
To apply email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org