- End to end ownership for the product engineering all the product delivery cycle.
- To create product test programs to achieve product certification and Declaration of Conformity.
- Ideally, experienced with aspects of Wiring device, and Circuit Protection products, from requirements definition, particularly with understanding customer needs and interfacing with Offering Management teams to deliver the total solution.
- Experienced in delivering cost sensitive designs to tight timescales, value engineering and achieving optimum cost by function for high volume products.
- Work with 3rd parties and selected partners to deliver products, this includes knowledge of Product standards and certification requirements for different regions.
- Lead technology development and innovation projects and platform consolidation across regions
- Provide technical support where required on customer issues, understanding customer needs and requirements to provide relevant solutions
- Creation and maintenance of product design documentation.
- Work collaboratively in a cross-functional design team that consist of mechanical engineers, product managers, and manufacturing experts.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Relevant degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in a product development/system environment with a structured product development process.
- Experience in working in a regulated environment, and/ or safety critical devices carrying mains electricity or other high power devices
- Knowledge of Wiring devices and Circuit protection single phase DIN rail mounted devices i.e. MCBs, RCDs, RCBOs, SDCs, Contactors, Timers, Surge and AFDDs (experience in 3 Phase is advantageous), Consumer units and related installation practice to BS7671 UK wiring regulations.
- Knowledge of IEC/BS EN Circuit Protection product standards, functionality, product test, and associated processes to manufacture and build MCUs and DIN rail devices suitable for UK and IEC markets.
- Has worked with Test houses, part/component sub-contractors, manufacturers or in-house manufacturing factories, having an overview of procurement, auditing, testing from development to delivery of Circuit Protection parts/products.
- Conducts detailed design/performance reviews to identify and eliminate issues during the development process, using techniques such as FMEA, specifications, compliance to standards.
- Understands or has worked in an Agile delivery environment
- Understanding of systems engineering and how to successfully integrate products
- Understand and evaluate technology patents, competitor trends and dominant architectures for future product and technology projects, identifying areas of innovation and IP for MK Honeywell
- Desirable experience in
- Electrical Design
- Connected Systems
- Quality – Auditing, Supplier assessment and Inspection methodology
- Electronic Design
- Mechanical Design
- Manufacturing Processes - eg Moulding, Plating, Metals press and assembly.
- Material selection.
- FMEA – process and product
- Product Testing / BS Standards
- A proactive, data driven, self motivated Engineer, with excellent communication skills
- A team player who takes full ownership and able to work across multiple time zones as part of a Global delivery team.
- Self starter, with a keen eye for product and process improvements, with a passion to drive and develop the system engineering competency within MK Honeywell
- Ability to speak German an advantage
What’s in it for you?
• Work for a well-known brand with a continued focus on innovation and growth.
• Join a dynamic team with a focus on internal career development and progression.
• Attractive salary and benefits.
To apply please click here https://honeywell.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/270850?c=honeywell