Are you an engineering professional with a passion for consumer product design? Do you have a proven track record of delivering delightful, meaningful, beautiful products that customers love? If so, keep reading! Ooni is looking for an experienced Product Design Engineer to join our awesome Product Team to ensure we continue to deliver on our promise of providing world class pizza ovens and pizza accessories.
- Join a team of Design Engineers with a passion for delivering customer focused pizza making products-think beyond the pizza oven!
- Create fully detailed designs and develop manufacturable Product Design from metal, plastics, wood and composites in Solidworks
- Contribute on and potentially own the new product development
- Solve problems collaboratively while maintaining the Ooni product strategy.
- Manage projects through a stage-gate process and maintain project timescales.
- Test prototypes and products throughout the development process to work through technical challenges
- Design for Manufacture (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA), utilising new technologies, materials and processes.
- Deliver robust and high quality CAD, in surfacing, solid modeling and standard drawings
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will be a vital member of our Product team. You will work closely with all the members of our team to guide products through a stage-gate process from concept design through to mass production.
You will work in a very open and collaborative environment; the best idea wins, regardless of role or title. Ooni is a fast paced culture and you will be innovative and ambitious. Joining Ooni now will provide you with progression opportunities as the Team continues to grow into a world class and award winning Product Team. We want you to be exceptional on your own and as part of the team, both personally and professionally.
- Proficiency in Solidworks (or equivalent)
- Degree or qualification in Design Engineering, Product Design or equivalent
- 2+ years experience in development and engineering of consumer product design (FMCG)
- Design for sheet metal, plastic injection moulding or metal castings.
- A passion for solving difficult engineering problems
- A grounded background in engineering principles and product design
- Some experience working with overseas suppliers and manufacturers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly explain and present design solutions
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Team player, optimistic, solution-focused orientation
- A portfolio of products showcasing the products you have delivered from concept to mass production
- Previous experience of designing and developing products for mass production
- Solidworks (or equivalent ) advanced modeling and surface modeling
- Injection molding design and knowledge of tooling limitations
- Sheet metal forming tool design with both mild and stainless steel
- Deep draw metal manufacturing
- High pressure die casting alloys
- Additive and subtractive manufacturing techniques and technologies
- Consumer Electronics and working with Electrical Engineering Teams
- Design for PCBA installations, housings, connectors and cable routing
- Certified Solidworks Professional
- Go to YouTube and search “We are Ooni”. That wee video pretty much says it all.
The quick version is:
- We make epic pizza ovens that cook awesome pizza in 60 seconds and start from only £249.
- We’re now up to 250+ in the whole team. That was 100 this time last year and only 50 the year before that. And they are all AWESOME human beings - our culture is core to our whole reason for being.
- These are our values: Passion, Rigour, Innovation, Ambition and Kindness. We really do live by them and demand them in everything we do. It ain’t just corporate mumbo jumbo to us. See how they’re capitalised to show how important they are?
- £500 Passion Fund every year to spend on your passion – whatever that may be.
- £1000 to spend on Ooni products each year, plus 50% discount on all other Ooni stuff
- 35 days paid holiday per year
- Great pizza every single day if you want it. Yep. Every single day. And we’ll teach you to become a pizza pro
- Pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, weekly yoga classes (NamastYAY!).
- Raising money for charity – we’re all about giving back… and having lots of fun in the process!
If you like what you see, send in your CV with a cover letter to tell us why you want to come on board. In your cover letter, please talk about your passion for product development and toot your own horn about your experience and contributions. Please also include a link to your portfolio.
Having a fantastic culture is really important to all of us at Ooni. We work hard to make it diverse and inclusive, and want everyone to have access to the same opportunities. If you would like this advert in a different format or need an alternative method of applying, please let us know. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org