Are you a Systems Engineer looking for your next career opportunity?
At Cubic, we have openings at all levels:
- Principal Systems Engineer
- Senior Systems Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- Associate Systems Engineer
Why choose a career with Cubic?
We are responsible for the technology behind millions of passenger journeys in cities around the world. As a Systems Engineer, you will be at the forefront of developing automated fare collection & ticketing solutions used by major customers such as TfL (Transport for London). A few reasons why we’re an employer of choice in the Engineering sector:
- Be part of the solution: you will be crucial to the continuous improvement of automated fare collect/ticketing solutions which impact the journeys of millions of people in cities all over the world
- Work with cutting edge technology: you will work with best in class systems and tools, continually improving solutions for customers and enriching your skills
- Be part of a supportive, vibrant team: you will work with colleagues and customers based both locally and internationally which will allow you to collaborate and learn from individuals operating across multiple skill levels and cultures
- Professional recognition: your ideas and contributions will have a major impact on the delivery of solutions to our customers and your achievements will be highly visible. Your successes will be shared, celebrated and rewarded
What do we need from you?
Depending on the level, Systems Engineers at Cubic have technical responsibility for the definition, design, build, test and rollout of complex distributed systems which includes hardware, software and IT infrastructure components. They provide technical guidance and leadership to various disciplines as well as project coordination, and at Senior/Principal level, supervision of a team. They coordinate activities for proposals/new business and may define budget and schedule constraints. Those working at Engineer/Associate level will not have technical authority but rather the opportunity to learn from their experienced team members and progress their career over time.
To be successful as a Systems Engineer you will need the following experience/skills – please note that you do not need to meet all of these requirements as this will vary depending on the level of role you wish to be considered for:
- A hardware and software background, with an emphasis on system architecture (either related to education or through experience depending on the level of role you’re applying to)
- Systems Engineering experience working in related roles, if applying at Principal level, you will need to have had proven TDA responsibility on a large, complex integration project.
- Proven experience of designing systems to processes compliant to industry-standard Systems Engineering process models such as ISO/IEC 15288.
- Understanding of information security best practice.
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interpret technical contract requirements.
- Ability to interface with customers, subcontractors and vendors, and deal with employees and managers at all levels in manufacturing, engineering and other departments.
- Experience with conducting risk assessments.
- Ability to solve complex and difficult system design and engineering problems.
- Aware of software development best practice and able to apply standards and procedures effectively, including experience of interfacing with software teams working to Agile methodology.
- Familiarity with System and Software Architecture modelling frameworks and associated tools, including Enterprise Architect® or IBM® Rational® Rhapsody®.
- Experience of using the IBM® Rational® DOORS® or HP® Quality Center® products for requirements management and test tracking.
- Demonstrable knowledge of implementing the certification requirements of systems and devices in accordance to Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards.
- Degree qualification or equivalent in an engineering or related technical discipline, plus significant, demonstrable and related experience.
We welcome individuals seeking their next challenge to submit an application here to find out more about Cubic and what a career in Systems Engineering us can offer you.