If you're a chartered engineer seeking a flexible leadership role, General Dynamics Mission Systems may have an excellent opportunity for you. We seek an experienced Principal Safety Engineer with knowledge of safety regulations and compliance to join our inclusive and motivated team. You will provide strategic safety leadership, delivering flexible and innovative approaches in the military land, sea and air environment.
This Principal Safety Engineer role aims to be as flexible as possible, so this role could either be based on working from home, requiring occasional travel or based within our offices in Oakdale, depending upon your preference. The position also comes with a salary range of £48,560-£60,700, depending on skills and experience. As Safety Engineer, you would be responsible for creating and managing Safety Plans and Safety & Environmental Cases in accordance with our processes. General Dynamics recognizes that each individual, each business, makes a unique contribution to our company.
Primary responsibilities of this Safety Engineer role include:
- Managing delivery on the Bowman (BCIP) Design Services Contract (DSC) safety programme
- Ensuring adherence to the GDUK Safety Policy
- Maintaining the DSC / Authority safety relationship
- Safety management and maintenance of the BCIP5.6 system safety case
To be successful as a Principal Safety Engineer, you should have demonstrable experience in Safety Engineering for large scale systems or a background that provides the equivalent transferrable experience. You should maintain knowledge of relevant UK / EU legislation and regulation, MOD safety and environmental processes, procedures and standards. You will be required to have excellent communication skills, analysis and decision making skills, and a willingness to learn and grow in your role.
If this flexible role working either remotely or in our Oakdale offices sounds like the right fit for you, please apply with General Dynamics today.
Our Company benefits
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight – which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme - allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family’s needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external - allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices – giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace
General Dynamics Mission Systems
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we employ more than 1,400 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles, avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performing team