Reporting to the Professional Head of Asset Management, the Principal Rail Integrity Manager will take responsibility for critical work areas working closely with the Principal Strategy Implementation Managers across the four risk groups.
The role will focus on projects and programmes which span across multiple LHSBR risk areas. It provides increased bandwidth across the Rail Integrity Team to enable strategic growth of both member levy and commercial consulting activities. This requires the post holder to work with specialists in other fields whilst leading in their own specialisation.
Work may be delivered either as commercial consulting activity or as part of RSSB core activities funded by the member levy. However the work is funded, a consulting mindset is critical to the success of the post – with the role needing to deliver multiple projects for different stakeholders concurrently.
Engagement with senior contacts in member organisations is routine ensuring stakeholder interests are understood and addressed whilst simultaneously promoting the values and objectives of RSSB.
- Be a role model for safe working practices in all activities, especially when working on client sites, facilities or vehicles
- Interact, collaborate and negotiate with board-level client representatives as required to achieve LHSBR objectives;
- Understand client / end user pain points, scoping work to address the pain and securing agreement and funding to progress;
- Develop and maintain a credible weighted pipeline of qualified work whether related to member levy or consulting activity;
- Lead the development of roadmaps and supporting work programmes from concept to implementation, clearly aligned to defined pain points and with identified benefits;
- Manage and deliver projects and/or programmes of work realising defined benefits for RSSB, members and customers;
- Present complex ideas, strategies and options to a wide cross section of stakeholders;
- Ensure delivery of horizon scanning activities and data insights to identify future risks and opportunities for mitigation;
- Define relevant questions for data analysts to address, developing the focus of the analysis as an end user and ensure the insights feed into work delivery and planning;
- Contribute to an improved level of understanding within RSSB and across the wider industry of the LHSBR strategy and implementation;
- Lead the preparation of progress reports for your programmes and projects to drive industry engagement with the LHSBR strategy delivery;
- Build a robust communication plan to increase the profile and support the delivery and embedding of LHSBR outputs working with the marketing and engagement teams and the LHSBR Editor.
- Experience of Asset Management and Operations in a relevant sector (rail, metro, light rail, ports, aviation, highways);
- Relevant Degree or equivalent vocational experience;
- Ideally a Chartered member or working towards Chartered Membership of a relevant Professional body;
- Experienced in engagement with senior leaders delivering significant packages of work and with demonstrable ability to apply their specialist knowledge;
- Ability to capture and synthesise complex Asset Management and Operational issues based on evidence;
- Experience of developing and implementing solutions in areas such as strategy, risk management, competence management, organisational change, change management and operational control;
- Evidence of successful leadership of significant technical or business change projects delivering the agreed scope of work on time and within agreed budgets;
- Depth in the identification, documentation and application of industry good practice, business models and standards;
- Experience of people/line management in a consulting, duty holder or academic environment;
- Ideally have experience of leading commercial consulting activities securing work and successfully leading the delivery to time, costs and quality expectations;
- A commitment to RSSB’s values and customer service.