We are seeking a principal engineer to work with the London Intelligent Mobility (IM) lead to boost the delivery of an expanding project portfolio in London and the wider UK IM team. Supporting the provision of technical, programme and procurement advice and design services to deliver solutions for a transport system that balances the needs of the economy, the environment and society. Assurance of quality and governance through proactive involvement in projects and with stakeholders.
Increasingly clients are deploying technology solutions to better manage their networks, improve safety and environmental impacts and better inform travellers. We work with clients to advise on all aspects of transport technology systems, from strategy and business through to design and operation. Key areas of focus are systems & operations, mobility pricing, smart ticketing, traffic control centres, and Connected & Autonomous Vehicles.
The position will involve working with team members to design, specify, and develop innovative solutions within established timescales and budgets. Your ownership will include a variety of roles including technical delivery, data analysis, report writing and work winning.
- Back existing clients for the IM business in London and contribute to the raising of Arup’s profile with key clients such as DfT, Highways England and Private sector clients
- Developing and enhancing relationships with clients through project delivery
- Ensuring delivery to established timescales and budgets
- Involvement in a wide range of projects and bids across business areas and the wider Arup network, including overseas
- Ensuring that all designs and documents is prepared to the highest standards
- Keeping up to date with industry and technical developments and changes
- Perform a variety of roles including strategic advice and technical consultancy
- Member of a relevant professional institution(s)
- Chartered Engineer status or equivalent
- Significant exposure to systems and technology deployment
- Able to apply systems thinking approach to design and delivery
- Ability to listen to complex issues and capture client needs
- Knowledge and assisted within the bidding area and business development activities
- Background within Project management
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Different people, shared values
At Arup we believe when talented people collaborate, great things are possible. Arup hires people with proven skills and open minds. We are taking deliberate action to create an inclusive culture that is grounded in our purpose to shape a better world. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all backgrounds.
At Arup we are committed to making all stages of our recruitment process accessible to candidates with disabilities. Please let us know as soon as possible of any additional support or reasonable adjustments you require through the recruitment process, to ensure you can perform at your best.
At Arup we appreciate that everyone’s circumstances are different and having the freedom to flex the way we work is essential to our wellbeing. If flexibility matters to you let us know when you apply and we will discuss how this could work in your role.
Our Application Process
To understand what to expect next, please visit our UK Application Process page.
Stay safe online - Arup will never ask for payment or your bank details as part of our recruitment process.